Bought a blacklisted note 3 - Help

Search This thread

inc188

Sep 9, 2011
Not knowingly I purchased an unlocked blacklisted note 3. Is there a way to get it to work? It's a Rogers phone and will be used on the same network

Please help. Tnx

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Not possible, there are illegal methods, however once the carrier spot it (and they will), they will blacklist and persue a legal case against you. - Return to seller, or write it off as a loss and use as a Music/Media player.

Reactions: inc188

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
Sell it to an overseas buyer.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
consider notifying the police, as the seller may be a potential thief.

do us all a favor. you may not get your money back, but you can at the very least contribute to the society and be a good person

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Mate, you are either going to have to try and get your monet back from the person who sold it to you, or suck it up, report the person to the police (make sure you have some type of receipt) and most probably NOT get your money back...
No carrier is going to remove the handset off the blacklist unless you are the owner and sometimes not even then ...
As was stated previously though, it will work overseas but the modem might be incompatible...

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
I hope you're kidding...

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

If its not stolen why not. If its been network blocked due to dishonor of contract and you cannot get your $$$ back and you advise the buyer of circumstances, I see no moral reasons why you shouldn't sell it to an overseas buyer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not possible, there are illegal methods, however once the carrier spot it (and they will), they will blacklist and persue a legal case against you. - Return to seller, or write it off as a loss and use as a Music/Media player.
    consider notifying the police, as the seller may be a potential thief.

do us all a favor. you may not get your money back, but you can at the very least contribute to the society and be a good person
    Sell it to an overseas buyer.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I hope you're kidding...

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Not knowingly I purchased an unlocked blacklisted note 3. Is there a way to get it to work? It's a Rogers phone and will be used on the same network

Please help. Tnx

What carrier

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Mate, you are either going to have to try and get your monet back from the person who sold it to you, or suck it up, report the person to the police (make sure you have some type of receipt) and most probably NOT get your money back...
    No carrier is going to remove the handset off the blacklist unless you are the owner and sometimes not even then ...
    As was stated previously though, it will work overseas but the modem might be incompatible...