Voice recognition like N95.

Search This thread

cobnut

Dec 14, 2008
I know its not out yet, but when it is could someone tell me if it has this for use with bluetooth headset as I have a N95 8GB and its the best bit of the phone, recognises any clearly spoken name without programing your voice.

Cheers in advance.

cobnut

Dec 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply, as I'm still knocking stones together as I have not had a touch phone I wasn't sure of this feature. But sounds promising. Cheers.

Last edited:

slowcat2

Nov 24, 2007
Voice Command in WM...

Just got a Touch 2 on T-Mobile (UK)... no sign of any voice input anywhere (not even learnt Voice Tags as on old smartphones). No mention in the PDF manual either - could this be something T-Mobile has removed? (Also no Twitter client, or Youtube - both present in HTC version I think)...

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
Just got a Touch 2 on T-Mobile (UK)... no sign of any voice input anywhere (not even learnt Voice Tags as on old smartphones). No mention in the PDF manual either - could this be something T-Mobile has removed? (Also no Twitter client, or Youtube - both present in HTC version I think)...

possibly yes. Carriers typically screw up a good thing. Ultimately hurting the HTC brand in my opinion. HTC has launched a new ad campaign which is supposed to strengthen their brand. Let's wish them good luck as they are hands down the best mind behind the devices, not the carriers :)

elyl

May 12, 2005
Glasgow

Microsoft Voice Command is a separate program - not part of the operating system. You will need to download it. And probably pay for it.

colasmar

Jul 22, 2008
Microsoft Voice Command is a separate program - not part of the operating system. You will need to download it. And probably pay for it.

I'm a biker and the problem is to command the phone by the bluetooth headset cenral buton. I had tried with Voice2go but it' seem's impossible to command the HD2 from the HeadSet.
Did you make the test with MSVoice Command or another soft ?
Thank you