Navigation app for university

Search This thread

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
[Q] I want to make a navigation app for my university, what should i do... Don't know much about java... But I have designed my frontend using xml.
Help!!!
Thank you

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Shef_

Mar 3, 2014
[Q] I want to make a navigation app for my university, what should i do... Don't know much about java... But I have designed my frontend using xml.
Help!!!
Thank you

Navigation is a really complex thing to code. Pathfinding is the first thing you'll want to understand. After that you'll want to know how to categorize rooms, inside buildings.

So for example you'll have an algorithm that: Looks for the correct building and the closest entrance-> looks for the correct floor in the building -> looks for the correct room in the floor.

Here is a (very) detailed pdf outlining the process: ase.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/uploads/Publications/ThesisV1.0.pdf

Reactions: sonidepanshu

sonidepanshu

Dec 16, 2013
I read that pdf file, it is very complicated... i am new to android development, is there any easy way to do this.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help!!!
    Thank you

Navigation is a really complex thing to code. Pathfinding is the first thing you'll want to understand. After that you'll want to know how to categorize rooms, inside buildings.

So for example you'll have an algorithm that: Looks for the correct building and the closest entrance-> looks for the correct floor in the building -> looks for the correct room in the floor.

Here is a (very) detailed pdf outlining the process: ase.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/uploads/Publications/ThesisV1.0.pdf