[Q] 4.3 and before

Search This thread

Dedline

Apr 29, 2013
Hey guys,

Was curious, if I have current OTA 4.3 non rooted and have not been rooted for a month or so. I currently do have 2 or 3 good backups of carbon rom or whomp etc, but they were 4.1.2 or so. Can I just boot into recovery, and flash the backups from my SD card and be back in business with the prior backups and previous versions of android without any issues. KNOX worries me in general and I would like to go back to what I had before.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Hey guys,

Was curious, if I have current OTA 4.3 non rooted and have not been rooted for a month or so. I currently do have 2 or 3 good backups of carbon rom or whomp etc, but they were 4.1.2 or so. Can I just boot into recovery, and flash the backups from my SD card and be back in business with the prior backups and previous versions of android without any issues. KNOX worries me in general and I would like to go back to what I had before.

You can do this but you will still have the Knox bootloader. Only way to downgrade is by flashing billards back to stock mc2. It is in the development thread also make sure you read the op or you will mess up things.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app