FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Back up DRM Keys & unlock/relock Bootloader (Noob proof)

1,534 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,161

By zxz0O0, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd March 2014, 09:51 PM |#101  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Houston we got a problem,i am stuck at the 15 step couse i can't download this file Flash D5503_14.2.A.1.114_Generic UK.ftf ,the server id down
Can somebody please reupload this file or give me another link,thank you verry much

ps. My phone is dead till i get that file

Ok,i found everything on another place,was without phone for hours,if anyone neeeds till main server comse online go to http://translate.google.rs/translate...80%26bih%3D878

The only strange thing is...i have duocom leftovers and i'am rooted,is that normal that i have duocom apps ? Tnx
4th March 2014, 02:37 AM |#102  
Flag Winterthur
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigaming

Houston we got a problem,i am stuck at the 15 step couse i can't download this file Flash D5503_14.2.A.1.114_Generic UK.ftf ,the server id down
Can somebody please reupload this file or give me another link,thank you verry much

ps. My phone is dead till i get that file

Ok,i found everything on another place,was without phone for hours,if anyone neeeds till main server comse online go to http://translate.google.rs/translate...80%26bih%3D878

The only strange thing is...i have duocom leftovers and i'am rooted,is that normal that i have duocom apps ? Tnx

Hmm if you have NTT DoCo leftovers, then this only suggests that you didn't wipe system partition properly at the end, because NTT DoComo apps are all system apps...
4th March 2014, 02:39 AM |#103  
Flag Belgrade

More
Ok i figured that out,went back to recovery,wiped data and caches and now seems all good,even lockscreen is now normaltnx

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 11:03 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

(screen will be black, this is normal and it will stay like that until you finish step 15)[*]Run Z1C-lockeddualrecovery(...)installer.zip's install.bat and select option 3 [Installation on unrooted ROM] ( http://nut.xperia-files.com/ )[*]After the process is finished and you get a confirmation that your device is rooted, force power off your phone[*]Flash D5503_14.2.A.1.114_Generic UK.ftf in flashmode (boot phone in flashmode again) (select Wipe [Uncheck ALL] and Exclude [Check SYSTEM] ( http://dl.weeaboo.com/Z1Compact/D550...neric%20UK.ftf | share-online mirror )[*]Go to the Recovery Menu. To do that, power off your phone. Then power it on again. After the vibrate and the green LED turns on, hold Volume Up (LED will turn violet)
[/LIST]

once the screen is black how do you see to do the next three steps.

If anything goes wrong steps 1-21 how do you get your phone working.

Also before rooting you say Back up your phone because it will be deleted. How do you back it up?

Also how do you reboot in step 17?

How do you factory reset?
5th March 2014, 11:23 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
flashtool comes as malware see picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	2615511  
6th March 2014, 01:19 AM |#106  
Flag Belgrade

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaid

flashtool comes as malware see picture

Lol.it's a false positive.google it
6th March 2014, 01:20 AM |#107  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,767

Donate to Me
More
Hi guys! Just a quick question. I noticed in init.rc that Trim Area uses 2 partitions. It's mmcblk0p1 and mmcblk0p16. I know mmcblk0p1 is the TA partition but I'm worried about mmcblk0p16 do you think we should also backup that? I don't know but maybe sony added a new partition which might block restoring DRM keys on Z1 Compact? Anybody already tried backup, unlock and restore TA partition and confirm that DRM keys and bootloader status restored?
6th March 2014, 08:37 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaid

once the screen is black how do you see to do the next three steps.

If anything goes wrong steps 1-21 how do you get your phone working.

Also before rooting you say Back up your phone because it will be deleted. How do you back it up?

Also how do you reboot in step 17?

How do you factory reset?

Just follow the steps when your screen is black and plug in the usb cable.
You can flash your stock rom again in flashtool if anything goes wrong. Or just start again from step 1.
It means backup your data (internal) and should just be a notice that your data will be wiped.
You don't have to reboot in step 17 it says
Quote:

Now format /system (located under Mounts & Storage) (Important: Do NOT reboot until advised so or you will have to start again)

And factory reset is done in recovery menu (it's called "wipe data/factory reset")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal

Hi guys! Just a quick question. I noticed in init.rc that Trim Area uses 2 partitions. It's mmcblk0p1 and mmcblk0p16. I know mmcblk0p1 is the TA partition but I'm worried about mmcblk0p16 do you think we should also backup that? I don't know but maybe sony added a new partition which might block restoring DRM keys on Z1 Compact? Anybody already tried backup, unlock and restore TA partition and confirm that DRM keys and bootloader status restored?

Check here from post #97 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...642081&page=10
Bootloader is locked again, however I don't know about DRM keys. You might want to ask the dev of TA backup about this second partition.

If you run
Code:
ls -l /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name
it shows as FOTAkernel.
6th March 2014, 08:46 AM |#109  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,767

Donate to Me
More
Yeah I already saw that. Hence why I asked about the DRM keys... Oh well I guess I'll just back it up in case. No harm in doing anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0

Just follow the steps when your screen is black and plug in the usb cable.
You can flash your stock rom again in flashtool if anything goes wrong. Or just start again from step 1.
It means backup your data (internal) and should just be a notice that your data will be wiped.
You don't have to reboot in step 17 it says

And factory reset is done in recovery menu (it's called "wipe data/factory reset")

Check here from post #97 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...642081&page=10
Bootloader is locked again, however I don't know about DRM keys. You might want to ask the dev of TA backup about this second partition.

6th March 2014, 06:41 PM |#110  
Flag Ulster
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHands

Hmm if you have NTT DoCo leftovers, then this only suggests that you didn't wipe system partition properly at the end, because NTT DoComo apps are all system apps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigaming

Ok i figured that out,went back to recovery,wiped data and caches and now seems all good,even lockscreen is now normaltnx

I had that problem too! I think it is normal, so perhaps this additional step should be added to the end?
(was getting really p*ssed off with that stupid sheep roaming all over the place, so thanks for the solution! )
The Following User Says Thank You to brocnical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brocnical Ad-Free
6th March 2014, 06:43 PM |#111  
Flag Belgrade

More
That sheep was like worst thing i have seen on android

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)