By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2014, 03:43 AM |#911  
Thanks Meter: 3,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcahoe

Install failed on assert == "ovation". I definitely have an HD+ and am running CM11. Was using CWM from OP.

Which CWM from the OP? The SD or internal version? And what zip were you trying to flash when you got that message?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

4th March 2014, 04:16 AM |#912  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Which CWM from the OP? The SD or internal version? And what zip were you trying to flash when you got that message?

Emmc (6.0.4.6). Was trying to flash drmarbles fuzzy 8x8 kernel referenced in that post.
4th March 2014, 04:21 AM |#913  
Thanks Meter: 985

More
StatusBar brightness on HD+
To those folks who asked why status bar brightness control wasn't present I would like to say "Thank You!".
This was a bug in cyanogenmod. Nobody had noticed it. It was left over from cm-9 and cm-10.0 days when tablets didn't have status bars. Now, they do. I submitted a patch to cm to fix this and it was accepted today. From now on, all tablets will have the option to control brightness from the status bar. It was just an oversight that it hadn't been enabled before when tablets got the status bar forced down their throats with cm-10.1. All tablets will now have this option.
It may not be in tonights nightly but it will be in there afterwards.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to drmarble For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drmarble Ad-Free
4th March 2014, 04:32 AM |#914  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcahoe

Emmc (6.0.4.6). Was trying to flash drmarbles fuzzy 8x8 kernel referenced in that post.

That is the issue. You can only use that 6046 version to flash CM11 and the corresponding gapps zips. All other zips fail. You must use the SD version of CWM that you used to flash the internal CWM to emmc to flash other zips.

4th March 2014, 04:53 AM |#915  

More
lsashing 8x8 kernel broken
I don't know why the assert isn't working. It doesn't work for me either. You could just edit that line out of
META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
I won't do it for the uploaded kernel because Then folks could flash it to an HD or anything (motorola, lg, samsung).
I'll try to fix it correctly and upload a replacement. Something changed in cm-11 and the new CWM recovery we need for it.
Sorry that I posted a kernel that wouldn't flash.
4th March 2014, 05:00 AM |#916  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarble

I don't know why the assert isn't working. It doesn't work for me either. You could just edit that line out of
META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
I won't do it for the uploaded kernel because Then folks could flash it to an HD or anything (motorola, lg, samsung).
I'll try to fix it correctly and upload a replacement. Something changed in cm-11 and the new CWM recovery we need for it.
Sorry that I posted a kernel that wouldn't flash.

It has to do with the update-binary in your zip. Use the one from the CM11 zip in your zip. Verygreen found the issue in a post earlier in this thread.

See here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49216362

4th March 2014, 05:46 AM |#917  

More
New kernel 8x8 fuzz file with correct update binary:
https://app.box.com/s/rthz1qb4iwyaijrprjdw
Thanks for the advice leapinlar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drmarble For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drmarble Ad-Free
4th March 2014, 06:47 AM |#918  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
[QUOTE=drmarble;50801215]New kernel 8x8 fuzz file with correct update binary:
https://app.box.com/s/rthz1qb4iwyaijrprjdw
Thanks for the advice leapinlar.[/QUOTE

New zip working great... I can even swipe on my keyboard now! 😁

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 03:31 PM |#919  
Thanks Meter: 626

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarble

To those folks who asked why status bar brightness control wasn't present I would like to say "Thank You!".
This was a bug in cyanogenmod. Nobody had noticed it. It was left over from cm-9 and cm-10.0 days when tablets didn't have status bars. Now, they do. I submitted a patch to cm to fix this and it was accepted today. From now on, all tablets will have the option to control brightness from the status bar. It was just an oversight that it hadn't been enabled before when tablets got the status bar forced down their throats with cm-10.1. All tablets will now have this option.
It may not be in tonights nightly but it will be in there afterwards.

That is excellent news! Thanks a lot for taking care of this and getting it through the CM process.
4th March 2014, 04:44 PM |#920  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDannemand

That is excellent news! Thanks a lot for taking care of this and getting it through the CM process.

The "statusbar" brightness control is back as of the 03/04 nightly.

However, while this may be a feature that was available in CM for years, it is not what I was expecting, not having seen what was referred to in the Hummbingbird. I was guessing we were going to have a brightness slide control, like the one that pops up when the "Brightness" tile is touched, to be shown in the notification area, similar to how it is on my JB-equipped Samsung phone.

Also, it appears the "swipe status bar" brightness, when enabled, doesn't work. But after years of using CMx equipped phones and tablets, I can honestly say I have never seen this work correctly on any of my devices. Maybe it's because I'm a device cheapskate (why do you think I have a HD+!).

How can we request an actual brightness slider controll be added like the one in Samsung ROMs?
4th March 2014, 04:53 PM |#921  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I use the app Display Brightness to put a slider in the status bar. A single tap or swipe adjusts the brightness. It works great.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hd32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hd32 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)