CheapCast?

Search This thread

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I'm going to be picking my Glass up today (yay!) and I was wondering if anyone has tried installing CheapCast by apk onto their Glass.

I've seen there are some launchers that work with standard Android apps, but it would be pretty cool to have CheapCast since it would let you cast anything to your glass. It could be really handy.

Link for the lazy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.maui.cheapcast&hl=en

Dec 8, 2009
Nawlins
Confirmed Working

I'm going to be picking my Glass up today (yay!) and I was wondering if anyone has tried installing CheapCast by apk onto their Glass.

I've seen there are some launchers that work with standard Android apps, but it would be pretty cool to have CheapCast since it would let you cast anything to your glass. It could be really handy.

Link for the lazy: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.maui.cheapcast&hl=en

Gave it a shot, works surprisingly well. Was able to cast Youtube, Play Store Movies, & Netflix....didn't test any further but it was a solid connection and not at all buggy as I expected...

IMG_20140109_163942.jpg

Reactions: ViViDboarder

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
That's awesome! Thanks for giving it a shot. I'm at work now (just picked up my Glass) so I don't really have time to fiddle with it yet.

I'll be setting this up when I get home.

ResleyZ

Feb 14, 2014
so your able to stream netflix videos to your google glass? i just got the invite today and honestly thats gonna be my main want is media streaming ot my eye

You can just sideload the netflix apk to glass, works just as fine. Netflix and emulators are the main applications I use on my Glass. Gotta love playing pokemon with a bluetooth keyboard on glass

ResleyZ

Feb 14, 2014
Okay, now THAT is awesome.

Yeah, it is. However, since XE16 it seems that Glass doesnt accept any input other than its own. I tried a usb mouse and keyboard using a usb to micro-usb adapter, and a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. This makes it impossible to log in to netflix, and other native android applications is a lot more difficult to use now. Hopefully Google re-adds the possibility to use these devices again.

Top Liked Posts