Photos Lost from Rom Flashing; Any way to recover?

Search This thread

xEden

Mar 4, 2014
Pre-flashing, I created a backup with TWRP's backup, which contains the system, data, and boot folders. After flashing to a new rom (AOSP Google offical kit kat ver), I flashed back to stock, using Kies. However, no matter how hard I tried, I can't seem to find my pictures anymore. I attempted numerous recovery methods but to no avail.

I thought factory resets/ full wipes didn't remove the DCIM folder, but I was careless enough to forget to backup the folder seperately.

No folder I can find contains a .nomedia file, and I hopefully haven't overwritten the SD data yet.

I can't seem to connect my phone as a UMS, even though it shows up as a Drive. It just reports being empty (Windows asks to insert a disc).

I'm currently on a rooted, 4.2.2 JellyBean.

Also, does the /data contain the DCIM?
Is there any way to recover the photos, since I have the backup?

Edit: All data from other apps (Phone, Messages, Contacts, games, etc.) have been restored properly. However, music was wiped, which gives off an impression that I can't restore the photos. I won't give up hope; I believe in the skills of the community! :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
If you did a factory reset in the stock recovery you're sol. Don't know away to restore your photos.

Reactions: xEden

hankbizzo5

Nov 13, 2008
Ct,Eastern
Ah, dammit. Thanks for answering.

I would not give up so fast.. There might just might be a recovery program out there that can help.. I have recovered from formatted partitions numerous times.. Google is your friend and good luck know how crappy it is to lose all your pics..:good: Edit try recuva if there is lost data on sd card..

Last edited:

xEden

Mar 4, 2014
I would not give up so fast.. There might just might be a recovery program out there that can help.. I have recovered from formatted partitions numerous times.. Google is your friend and good luck know how crappy it is to lose all your pics..:good:

I understand, but I've been using Google for about 2 days to no avail. From checking .nomedia, using ~10 common recovery tools, always failing in some way.

As a side note, do you know how to mount my phone (4.2.2 Jellybean, rooted) into UMS mode? I've gotten it to UMS mode, but I can't seem to be able to have Windows recognize it. It just shows as a blank F:\ drive that says "Please insert a disc". I think I would be able to progress further if I could have a fix to that. The majority of results say that it's impossible for 4.2.2, since one of the primary parties removed the feature (Samsung, I think?), or there's a fix for older versions.

Thanks for the good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you did a factory reset in the stock recovery you're sol. Don't know away to restore your photos.