FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root kitkat?

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By lavin40, Member on 5th March 2014, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

5th March 2014, 07:59 PM |#2  
Flag St Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Can someone point me in the right direction in rooting my note 3 running 4.4.2 KitKat the help would be appreciated

This the closest post I found to what you are requesting. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671063
5th March 2014, 11:14 PM |#3  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavin40

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.
The Following User Says Thank You to prycem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prycem Ad-Free
6th March 2014, 02:51 AM |#4  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prycem

Search the general Note 3 thread for CF-Autoroot. Use the version for the N9005. Yes! not the N900T. Apply using ODIN.

EDIT. The N900T version will not work.

Here is the link. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip Make sure to extract the tar file from the zip downloaded.

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.
6th March 2014, 02:58 AM |#5  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Thanks for the link. I was just going to use the n900t right before I read your post. Do you know why the one made for our phone won't work? Just curious as I like to learn all I can.

Hey Bobbyphoenix, Glad I could help.

I guess it has not caught up with kitkat for our phone as yet. the N9005 kitkat has been around for some time. I am sure the N900T willl be updated now that the kitkat files are available, but for the time being it is not working.
6th March 2014, 05:45 AM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 519

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

This root method is used for 4.4 while the one for N900t is still for 4.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)