So i inherited this asus tf101 from my brother. He rarely used it and then after a few weeks of use i get black bars across the screen and then it just wont turn on so. So i read up and see that the screen cable often comes loose, that silver ribbon, which it was, but that didnt fix it. Looked up another thing to check and noticed that down by the battery plug the orange ribbon coming out of the battery plug terminal has what looks like battery acid. Blue powder all over the motherboard along the black and white twisty wires along the bottom. Also where the white twisty wire meets the metal cover edge the metal is heat marked (little rainbow oil slick looking spot). Also where the ribbon is connected to the motherboard there is a black mark in the cream plastic which houses the teeth.
Is the motherboard fried or is there a chance its just the ribbon?
Thanks for any insight you can lend,