FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+]Tinycore - The tiny system monitor that fits your status-bar!

156 posts
Thanks Meter: 215

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Rolf Smit: Tinycore - The tiny system monitor that fits your status-bar!
6th March 2014, 03:18 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 11,996

More
Hi @Rolf Smit,
Just to let you know that I updated the portuguese pt_PT translation, only need to be approved. Let me know if you need something else. Thanks again for this awesome app
6th March 2014, 04:39 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up
This is great, thanks for it A few ideas I think would be useful in future releases though:

- Ability to hide it when using fullscreen apps, I find it a little annoying when I'm playing a game or my phone's daydreaming and it's still there
- Make the colour change depending on the level, for instance going red when the RAM usage is over 90%

Keep up the good work!
6th March 2014, 07:50 PM |#23  
Flag Natal
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for this awesome app, but I would like to tell you that it do not work with the MIUI ROM, it just do not show the bar after the app gets out of focus.

I don't know if the rounded corners of the ROM implicates in something.

Do you guys know something about it? What can I do to get it to works with the MIUI ROM?
7th March 2014, 03:18 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Chinese translation is now 100% complete
7th March 2014, 03:27 AM |#25  
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 812

More
Looooooove Tinycore. Bought the pro thingy as soon as I installed it lol.

Only bug I've noticed is it doesn't actually show the activity of all 4 cores. Whether you create a different bar for each one or use the single bar to display all 4, it only shows the activity of core 0. :4

Sent from my Carbon LG-E980
7th March 2014, 04:32 AM |#26  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Tried it for a day.. it works well. Development supported, purchased. Please keep app as light as possible on ram/batt resources. Thanks.

Edit: Ability to hide notification icon and app will increase sleep/ update interval when screen off if possible...
7th March 2014, 10:26 AM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Smit

About localization

*Needs update (Finished for >65%)

Translation finished, even then new strings. Please mention also mcguire who did a lot in French translation too
7th March 2014, 11:07 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell

Translation finished, even then new strings. Please mention also mcguire who did a lot in French translation too

Thank you very much!

I'm really trying to add everyone who helped to the list

Rolf
7th March 2014, 11:10 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim Wee Huat

Tried it for a day.. it works well. Development supported, purchased. Please keep app as light as possible on ram/batt resources. Thanks.

Edit: Ability to hide notification icon and app will increase sleep/ update interval when screen off if possible...

Thanks!

I'm really trying to keep Tinycore as light weight as I possibly can!

I'm doing many memory optimizations and try to recycle any resource the app uses.

Rolf
The Following User Says Thank You to Rolf Smit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rolf Smit Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 11:17 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam

Hi @Rolf Smit,
Just to let you know that I updated the portuguese pt_PT translation, only need to be approved. Let me know if you need something else. Thanks again for this awesome app

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeusernamea

This is great, thanks for it A few ideas I think would be useful in future releases though:

- Ability to hide it when using fullscreen apps, I find it a little annoying when I'm playing a game or my phone's daydreaming and it's still there
- Make the colour change depending on the level, for instance going red when the RAM usage is over 90%

Keep up the good work!

Thank you,

Hiding when fullscreen will be implemented in the next version! I'm actually running tests right now! (Experimental, because this is not a standard Android function.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladson

Thanks for this awesome app, but I would like to tell you that it do not work with the MIUI ROM, it just do not show the bar after the app gets out of focus.

I don't know if the rounded corners of the ROM implicates in something.

Do you guys know something about it? What can I do to get it to works with the MIUI ROM?

That's strange, not sure whats going on. At the moment I don't have a phone running a MIUI ROM I would really like to see if more MIUI ROM users are experiencing this problem. Hope I can fix this as soon as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactFront

Chinese translation is now 100% complete

Thank you again! I really appreciate your work for Tinycore, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga

Looooooove Tinycore. Bought the pro thingy as soon as I installed it lol.

Only bug I've noticed is it doesn't actually show the activity of all 4 cores. Whether you create a different bar for each one or use the single bar to display all 4, it only shows the activity of core 0. :4

Sent from my Carbon LG-E980

Thanks!

Some phones shutdown cores when there is not much to do, the core indicator should just show a completely empty bar. What happens if you play a heavy game or something else needing more CPU power?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rolf Smit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rolf Smit Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 11:26 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakko Custom

This app is amazing! I love all the features it has and I'm recommending it to ALL the people!
I was just wondering if it were possible to have an input box for color codes (e.g. AARRGGBB, 6A458CF5, FFCCCCCC)

Haha thanks allot!

Yes I'm going to implement this in one of the next versions of the app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmade

Just installed, gonna give it a whirl. Great app and excellent execution, loving it so far. But please stop asking me to share/rate/buy the app every single time I boot up, pretty obnoxious.

Edit 1: If I pick ram monitor the bar stays completely solid across the board (doesn't fluctuate and doesnt move) no matter what I am doing to the phone

Edit 2: Can someone explain the Height in layouts for me? I cannot see a visible different between 1 and 40px. The line doesn't get... fatter. The width I understand (horizontal line, how far it stretches across your screen) but the height seems to do nothing for me. Weigth (correct spelling there?) also does nothing for me.

The share/rate/buy dialog will be less spamming in the next version, thanks for your feedback! The ram monitor should actually be very still and not fluctuating, what happens if you kill some apps? It should lower a bit.

What phone model are you using? Height should just change the height of all the indicator bars.

Weight changes the way multiple monitors are distributed within the chosen width or height. For example if you have two monitors, a monitor with a weight of 2 will be two times larger then the monitor with a weight of 1. If you don't get it I will make an image for you Also this is going to be added to the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanVitox

I agree with this and think it would also be cool to be able to stack them so you could have battery and CPU on the top of the status bar.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Now you can stack them (Tinycore version 2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio000

great work

I think it would be great if had an option to show battery level in tinycore... with tinycore showing the battery level, we user could hide the battery stock icon (with another apps) gaining space in the statusbar

The battery indicator will be added in the next version, I'm running tests right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermacwins

Nice app, are those colour presets holo colours? Doesnt seem to have red holo from google movies?

Thanks, yes those are all preset holo colors. Check out the design site: https://developer.android.com/design/style/color.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cpu, floating, monitor, ram, system

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)