5th March 2014, 05:43 AM |#7611  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirajvashi

Hello, I am from India as well and have thought about importing a Sprint Note 3. But, the important thing to note here is that Sprint is a CDMA Carrier so it may only work with Reliance or Tata Indicom. Another important point is for using it in India, it needs to be unlocked. I have come to know that the unlocking of Sprint Note 3 - N900P can be done only through Sprint which means we may not be able to get it unlocked in India. Also, one more thing we need to check is whether Sprint Note will support GSM and CDMA Bands in India. I think it will not. I would be thankful if you find some more information about the Sprint Note 3 and post it on this forum for the benefit of all India FM Radio Lovers on the Smartphones.

Thank you

Sorry, no, I work 60-70 hour work weeks as is, and don't have time to research phones for you.

I have a Sprint LG G2, and there is a ROM for it that seems to effectively turn it into a GSM International phone, so I guess CDMA just becomes an un-needed add on.

5th March 2014, 06:39 AM |#7612  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Did you also set the Debug values and restart Spirit ?

If you're a customer, please email [email protected]

Sorry I did not rebooted SpiritFM after configuration changes.
Everything works fine , thanks for your help.
good luck!
6th March 2014, 07:22 PM |#7613  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Anyone having problems using Spirit Unlocked in recent versions Kit Kat nightly of CM 11 and AOKP ?

Somebody else with this problem?

Device: Xperia ZQ Brazil (ZL)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-13-36-01.png
Views:	244
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2617061  
6th March 2014, 10:21 PM |#7614  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdss

Anyone having problems using Spirit Unlocked in recent versions Kit Kat nightly of CM 11 and AOKP ?

Somebody else with this problem?

Device: Xperia ZQ Brazil (ZL)

Power error can happen if the V4L FM driver in the kernel isn't "right".

I'm seeing cases where kernels are being changed to disable "modules" and the V4L driver for Qualcomm chips never works when it's not a module. For this reason I'm still running a 2 month old CM11 on my OneXL.

You can try alternative kernels, but I'm seeing that alternate kernels are usually aligned with the kernels in AOSP ROMs.

You can send me a debug log. Run Spirit, tap the frequency button, enter the number 7 and tap "OK". After 20 seconds or so, press Send from your email client.

Sadly, it's not just some OEMs and carriers saying "We don't care about FM anymore".

In some cases it seems to be ROM and kernel devs, and Google AOSP may have a hand in this too.
7th March 2014, 12:50 AM |#7615  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

Power error can happen if the V4L FM driver in the kernel isn't "right".

I'm seeing cases where kernels are being changed to disable "modules" and the V4L driver for Qualcomm chips never works when it's not a module. For this reason I'm still running a 2 month old CM11 on my OneXL.

You can try alternative kernels, but I'm seeing that alternate kernels are usually aligned with the kernels in AOSP ROMs.

You can send me a debug log. Run Spirit, tap the frequency button, enter the number 7 and tap "OK". After 20 seconds or so, press Send from your email client.

Sadly, it's not just some OEMs and carriers saying "We don't care about FM anymore".

In some cases it seems to be ROM and kernel devs, and Google AOSP may have a hand in this too.

OK. I'll be providing the error log for you soon.

Thanks Mike!

Enviado de meu C6503 usando Tapatalk
7th March 2014, 05:40 AM |#7616  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 411

More
I have the Sprint Note 3 4.3 rooted..... Willing test out anything you want.

Sent from my SGNote 3
The Following User Says Thank You to ubigred For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ubigred Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 09:01 AM |#7617  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred

Sent from my SGNote 3

Hello ubigred,

Thank you very much for your kind gesture. I have the following requests for you:

1) Can you play the FM Radio via Spirit FM without inserting anything in the 3.5 MM Jack? SpiritFM has this facility which can disable the requirement of an antenna i.e the headset/

2) Can you kindly check which GSM Bands does Sprint Note 3 Support? I want to bring the Sprint Note 3 to India but in India only the following 2G and 3G Bands are supported:

- 2G Bands - GSM 900 and 1800
- 3G BAnd - 2100.

The Sprint Note 3 User Manual confirms that this phone supports international usage but which bands does it support is not mentioned.

I once again thank you for helping.

Niraj
7th March 2014, 09:12 AM |#7618  
Forum Moderator
Flag Midlands, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirajvashi

Hello ubigred,

Thank you very much for your kind gesture. I have the following requests for you:

1) Can you play the FM Radio via Spirit FM without inserting anything in the 3.5 MM Jack? SpiritFM has this facility which can disable the requirement of an antenna i.e the headset/

2) Can you kindly check which GSM Bands does Sprint Note 3 Support? I want to bring the Sprint Note 3 to India but in India only the following 2G and 3G Bands are supported:

- 2G Bands - GSM 900 and 1800
- 3G BAnd - 2100.

The Sprint Note 3 User Manual confirms that this phone supports international usage but which bands does it support is not mentioned.

I once again thank you for helping.

Niraj

See here (only 1 page back)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7603

Also, why should the developer of an FM Radio app know what the GSM band coverage of a phone is? There are other resources for this, so use them.
The Following User Says Thank You to LenAsh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LenAsh Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 10:00 AM |#7619  

Donate to Me
More
I am officially changing my Refund policy, after getting a surprising request. He said he missed the 15 minute refund window. 18 months ago. That's a bit too much.

Former employers generally don't ask for the salary they paid back over a year previous, and so shouldn't people claiming to have missed the window. I already paid the taxes on that income, and the rest went to phones and the necessities of life.

From January the Play store description said 90 days, I've changed that now to 30 days.

If a request goes beyond the 30 days, explain and I'll use my discretion. I'll be more amenable, for example to someone who purchased Unlocked up to 6 months ago, who wants to upgrade to Spirit2.

Thanks.

Quote:

Spirit Refund Policy:

If you are asking for a Spirit refund, then I ask you to read this. Apologies to my many Non-English speaking European customers.

For 3 years it's always been my policy to refund any order any time on request, even years later. This was the best way to deal with
unsatisfied customers, and allow upgrades for difference in price. Except for upgrades, only about 1% of sales were cancelled on request.

Now I'm introducing Spirit2, still in "beta", and I'm seeing an influx of new cancel/upgrade requests.

Anonymously quoted in this thread is a customer who initially seemed to feel Spirit2 was somehow "nasty" as a way of getting new sales.

But after my explanation I turned him around to actually donate a few EXTRA dollars, in addition to paying for both Spirit1 AND Spirit2.

I am now considering changing my refund policy, with perhaps at least 30 days of public notice. I'm now seeing more 1-2 year old refund
requests than I'm comfortable with. So maybe I should just offer a 30 day refund guarantee. (Unless of course you're REALLY angry with me
for changing policy or some other reason, LOL.)

As an "olive branch" for changing policy, maybe I'll disable the stats collection of Spirit2; I'm hardly taking time to look at it anyway,
and there are many things I'd rather be doing than selling data.

To summarize my explanation, If you can, I really need some new financial support from the community of my customers/users/supporters.

I'm not poor, even by the 1st world standards of my country Canada, but my income, like I think many of my fellow devs, is in the range of
25-50 % of a normal income in this field. And this doesn't even account for the long 60-70 hour work weeks I usually put in 50-52 weeks a year.

Since the spring of 2012, my income has been slowly but surely sliding downward.

Spirit2 is an investment in the future; hopefully with your support I'll be able to give it the 3+ year life that Spirit1 has had too.

So please consider making Spirit2 a second purchase, unless you just can't afford it right now, or you've only been using Spirit1 a short time.

It can easily cost me 5 minutes for an average refund too, so at least please see if you can find the original order number or the email of purchase.

Every minute less on administrative stuff is another minute for developing, and software can go agonizingly slow as it is.

And with my income on the low side, I have to consider the idea of creating other non-FM apps, or selling user data, etc.

Thanks !
Mike.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 10:10 AM |#7620  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred

Thanks ! I am a bit curious about it, since it's such an unusual and rare FM supporting GN3.

As I understand it there is no Samsung FM app, but there is a NextRadio app on Play you can load onto it ?

If you don't have the latest Spirit1 Unlocked, email me [email protected] . Once you have it please send a debug log.

Run Spirit, grant SU, and after it starts, or more likely fails to start:

Tap the frequency button, enter the number 7 and tap "OK". After 20 seconds or so, press Send from your email client.

I'd guess like the other GS4s and Note3's that it uses a Broadcom BT/combo chip. And I'd guess it uses the same chip or FM. Every previous Galaxy S and small Note class device used a Broadcom chip for BT and WiFi, but ignored the FM part and used a dedicated Silicon Labs FM chip for FM.

So, the FM tuner part may work, but I'll guess that audio may not work. But it might if it uses the same Samsung FM audio API as does the GS2/GS3/Note/Note2.

I believe Niraj was asking me about this ROM, which seems somewhat derived from a Note3 ROM, ported for the Note2 GT-N7100: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504016

It seems an interesting ROM so I've tried it out. Spirit1 works OK on it, with root at least. The OEM API doesn't work (likely "updated") and digital audio doesn't work, so Spirit2 doesn't work.

Anyway, there's a fine working Samsung FM app on it that is updated in the UI a bit from the last I saw for the GS3/Note. The existence of this app means that I'm not too interested in supporting the ROM properly, with all the usual Spirit1 and Spirit2 features. Roms been out 4+ months with 14,000+ posts and I haven't heard about it till now...
7th March 2014, 10:39 AM |#7621  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenAsh

See here (only 1 page back)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7603

Also, why should the developer of an FM Radio app know what the GSM band coverage of a phone is? There are other resources for this, so use them.

Mr. LenAsh,

If you kindly notice, I have addressed my message to a specific Member and not to you or the developer. The member offered that he has the Sprint Note 3 and can test things therefore I requested him to do so. I respectfully state that your comment was unnecessary. Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote:

Thanks ! I am a bit curious about it, since it's such an unusual and rare FM supporting GN3.

As I understand it there is no Samsung FM app, but there is a NextRadio app on Play you can load onto it ?

If you don't have the latest Spirit1 Unlocked, email me [email protected] . Once you have it please send a debug log.

Run Spirit, grant SU, and after it starts, or more likely fails to start:

Tap the frequency button, enter the number 7 and tap "OK". After 20 seconds or so, press Send from your email client.

I'd guess like the other GS4s and Note3's that it uses a Broadcom BT/combo chip. And I'd guess it uses the same chip or FM. Every previous Galaxy S and small Note class device used a Broadcom chip for BT and WiFi, but ignored the FM part and used a dedicated Silicon Labs FM chip for FM.

So, the FM tuner part may work, but I'll guess that audio may not work. But it might if it uses the same Samsung FM audio API as does the GS2/GS3/Note/Note2.

I believe Niraj was asking me about this ROM, which seems somewhat derived from a Note3 ROM, ported for the Note2 GT-N7100: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504016

It seems an interesting ROM so I've tried it out. Spirit1 works OK on it, with root at least. The OEM API doesn't work (likely "updated") and digital audio doesn't work, so Spirit2 doesn't work.

Anyway, there's a fine working Samsung FM app on it that is updated in the UI a bit from the last I saw for the GS3/Note. The existence of this app means that I'm not too interested in supporting the ROM properly, with all the usual Spirit1 and Spirit2 features. Roms been out 4+ months with 14,000+ posts and I haven't heard about it till now...

Hello Mike,

Would be grateful if you can make SpritFM work without headphones using the 'Ditto Note 3 ROM'. Kindly revert. Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)