[Kernel] N900TUVUCNB4 KK Stock Kernel

Search This thread

iamolu

Dec 16, 2013
Did you do anything special to flash SweetRom? I am getting stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen (Set warranty Bit: kernel)
I get stuck on this screen with the stock kernel and also when I add a 4.4.2 kernel. Any ideas?

@jimmydigital00 idk why you getting stucked, i flashed sweetrom and omega rom w/no issue. flash international rom of your choice, and then flash the wifi/nfc fix zip. i didn't flash any kernel. i am using the kernel that came w/the rom and have absolute no issue. i am currently running Omega v11 on my device

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
@jimmydigital00 idk why you getting stucked, i flashed sweetrom and omega rom w/no issue. flash international rom of your choice, and then flash the wifi/nfc fix zip. i didn't flash any kernel. i am using the kernel that came w/the rom and have absolute no issue. i am currently running Omega v11 on my device

I was able to get a NB7 international rom loaded but still no luck with Sweet Rom. I will start from scratch but so far this NB7 Alexander rom is pretty quick.

iamolu

Dec 16, 2013
Yes i am

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

I was able to get a NB7 international rom loaded but still no luck with Sweet Rom. I will start from scratch but so far this NB7 Alexander rom is pretty quick.

Yes i would say start from scratch...i'm trying out most of the int'l rom until i find my daily drive, i might ave to give the ALEXNDR rom a spin. i like int'l rom cos non of the crazy bloatwares and it's more smoother

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
@dragonstalker

Have you by chance been able to get a pit file from the new firmware? I was able to pull it from 4.3, but 4.4 is giving me a ton of trouble. I cant make my heimdall packages without them unfortunately. If you happen to get one pulled, let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. I was hoping the 4.3 was similar enough to build the 4.4 update but alas, it is not.

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
@dragonstalker

Have you by chance been able to get a pit file from the new firmware? I was able to pull it from 4.3, but 4.4 is giving me a ton of trouble. I cant make my heimdall packages without them unfortunately. If you happen to get one pulled, let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. I was hoping the 4.3 was similar enough to build the 4.4 update but alas, it is not.

I'm still working on figuring out what Kit Kat really is. If you open it up, it like i walked into my teenagers bedroom. I know there's stuff in there somewhere, i just don't know where to begin to look.

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
I'm still working on figuring out what Kit Kat really is. If you open it up, it like i walked into my teenagers bedroom. I know there's stuff in there somewhere, i just don't know where to begin to look.

Roflmao. Ha! Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one scratching his head. I tried pulling it out using heimdall itself, then dissecting the .img files digging around looking for where the partition files "might" be located, and I'm just lost.

Sad thing is, I was dumb enough to flash the new bootloader, and now can't roll back. Not a big deal though, but my phone is a bit buggy. I will work on it some more and sure it will be fine.

Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: dragonstalker

guaneet

May 16, 2013
Morgan Hill, CA
i think the stock kernel might be missing a video driver. whenever i try to load a video from snapchat or instagram it crashes. however when i load a different video lets say youtube. its works fine. i dont know lol when i tried a different 4.4 kernel it worked fine but it doesnt have wifi calling so imma stick with this, great work though. battery life is nice

might just be that those apps needa an update lol sorry if i wasted any of your time

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
LITERALLY THAT MADE ME ROLL AROUND ON THE GROUND AND LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

That my friend was not made for the Canadian Variant. I and my friend MISCOM, made that fix when we started putting out Int. Roms for TMO and Canadian phones. If you go the the Stainless thread, you will see the original posting of that fix. That's why when you flash that fix it says, made by Miscom. All somebody did was change the name of the file and stick it up on other threads. I've in months only seen one person credit Miscom for the work we did. Not mad. Doesn't bother me, we made the fix and said here guys go grab it and put it on the N9005 page so everybody can fix this issue.

Hi dragonStalker,

First. Thank you very much for extracting the kernel into a flash able zip. It will be useful now that the original kernel can be used on canadian N900w8 devices as well. Who hoo!

As for your assumption about the nfc/wifi/bt fix not being made for the Canadian N900w8 and instead just having its name changed, you are quite mistaken. @Oogar and I worked on that fix together using files from a variety of DIFFERENT sources and leaked 4.4.2 roms (tmobile and mexican kitkat builds) tin comparison to the original fix by Miscom. The original packaging of the zip was made by Miscom for which @Oogar definitely gave credit and thanks to. So if it was lost in communication. Let me thank you and Miscom once again on both our behalf. However just keep in mind that the flashable zip wasn't just stolen and taken credit for lunch. We know better :)

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Hi dragonStalker,

First. Thank you very much for extracting the kernel into a flash able zip. It will be useful now that the original kernel can be used on canadian N900w8 devices as well. Who hoo!

As for your assumption about the nfc/wifi/bt fix not being made for the Canadian N900w8 and instead just having its name changed, you are quite mistaken. @Oogar and I worked on that fix together using files from a variety of DIFFERENT sources and leaked 4.4.2 roms (tmobile and mexican kitkat builds) tin comparison to the original fix by Miscom. The original packaging of the zip was made by Miscom for which @Oogar definitely gave credit and thanks to. So if it was lost in communication. Let me thank you and Miscom once again on both our behalf. However just keep in mind that the flashable zip wasn't just stolen and taken credit for lunch. We know better :)

Lol. Sorry, I should have edited the post. The rest of the conversation about Knowing that @Oogar had made a new one redone for the KIT KIT off the Telco leak and the complete rest of the story took place in private. I don't like carrying on conversations like that in threads. Sorry if it was taken wrong. I commend and applaud people for continuing the work, was what was actually said in private. I should have probably posted that in the original comment. Once again. My hats off to you guys for keeping the fix going.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
So if I'm on stock rom and I flash custom kernel then I can get back to stock with this right?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jutaejrtouch

Feb 15, 2009
Winston Salem

which lines did you delete in the updater script to get Omega Rom to run?

iamolu

Dec 16, 2013
which lines did you delete in the updater script to get Omega Rom to run?

None, i don't make any modification or changes to anything....i flash international rom of my choice, flash wifi/nfl/bt fix zip, i either leave the kernel as it is or i flash @civato kernel http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576835 ....I am currently running @civato CivZ_FlexKat_Rev1.9 + SnapKat_Rev2.2 w/out any issue http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2613305

Reactions: jutaejrtouch

jutaejrtouch

Feb 15, 2009
Winston Salem
ok thanks...i thought the op said something about editing the update script to get international roms to load on our TMO Note 3. I did that for Echo and it's running flawlessly but wanted to try out Omega.

iamolu

Dec 16, 2013
ok thanks...i thought the op said something about editing the update script to get international roms to load on our TMO Note 3. I did that for Echo and it's running flawlessly but wanted to try out Omega.

@jutaejrtouch I think you referring to some international rom wiping internal memory after been flashed. To prevent those international rom from wiping internal sd storage you've to delete a specific line in the updater script. IDK which line it is but i know SweetRom, OmegaRom, AndroidNow etc wiped my internal sdcard after flashing, but i always move stuff in my internal sdcard to external sd card or my laptop b4 flashing any rom so didn't bother me much. If you find out which line let me know. thank you

pkimkpop

Dec 16, 2012

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
@jutaejrtouch I think you referring to some international rom wiping internal memory after been flashed. To prevent those international rom from wiping internal sd storage you've to delete a specific line in the updater script. IDK which line it is but i know SweetRom, OmegaRom, AndroidNow etc wiped my internal sdcard after flashing, but i always move stuff in my internal sdcard to external sd card or my laptop b4 flashing any rom so didn't bother me much. If you find out which line let me know. thank you

I think @Tiffany84 or @dragonstalker knows what line it is we delete to prevent internal sd wipes.. Would be great if she or he can help us out with that one please :)

☆sent from a kitkat powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Thanks Dragonstalker! Have you found a way to downgrade back to 4.3 once updated to Kitkat 4.4.2? I have a 4.3 backup but I only get a bootloop if I try to restore it

No I have not, but i'm working on a new kernel and been in the dev section reading up on bootloader hacking. Let's just say, it's probably not a good idea to try and go back once you upgrade.

I think @Tiffany84 or @dragonstalker knows what line it is we delete to prevent internal sd wipes.. Would be great if she or he can help us out with that one please :)

Search the Vision X NB4 thread, there is a how to on which lines to modify in there.

That my friends would be the line along the lines of delete recursive /preload

You are on a roll brother. Keep it up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so i've been messing with some other kernels to see if any of them would work, and needed a quick way to get out of bootloops. I haven't seen one yet so I mad a flashable Stock Kernel. Have fun.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576394
    Can you send me the link to the Philz recover you used? I tried installing Sweet Rom (international) and it wiped my internal storage. Want to try Philz to see if that will resove that problem.

its not the recovery, it's the updater script included in some international roms, you have to modify the updater script so that it doesnt do wipe internal. follow these instructions.

1. Download ROM, open .zip with winRAR or 7zip.
    2. Navigate to META-INF\com\google\android
    3. Drag updater-script to desktop and open in Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
    4. Delete the following... http://imgur.com/F7rdFCo
    5. Save (make sure you save as the same format - just click save and not save as)
    6. Drag back into same directory and overwrite the previous updater-script in the rom .zip
    How did you get 4.4 intl rom to work on tmobile n3

Are you on 4.4.2 with the new bootloader? I did the OTA update, rooted, jnstalled twrp recovery and then tried instalking an international rom. It booted but the wifi did not work.

Yes I'm on 4.4 bootloader. I flashed the tmobile 4.4 nb4 tar. via odin. Flashed CF auto root n9005 version via Odin, and then flashed the TWRP .tar that @bigbiff posted via odin as well. Then in TWRP flashed the latest Philz recovery zip that works with 4.4 bootloader (thats my preference, I like PhilZ.) Then just downloaded and installed Echoe. By the way I had no idea International 4.4 Roms were sooo much faster than ours...its quite noticeable. WIFI and everything works out of box. no need to flash any kernels or anything.
    Thanks Dragonstalker! Have you found a way to downgrade back to 4.3 once updated to Kitkat 4.4.2? I have a 4.3 backup but I only get a bootloop if I try to restore it

No I have not, but i'm working on a new kernel and been in the dev section reading up on bootloader hacking. Let's just say, it's probably not a good idea to try and go back once you upgrade.

Search the Vision X NB4 thread, there is a how to on which lines to modify in there.

That my friends would be the line along the lines of delete recursive /preload

You are on a roll brother. Keep it up.
    @dragonstalker