FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+]Tinycore - The tiny system monitor that fits your status-bar!

156 posts
Thanks Meter: 215

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Rolf Smit: Tinycore - The tiny system monitor that fits your status-bar!
7th March 2014, 10:26 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakko Custom

This app is amazing! I love all the features it has and I'm recommending it to ALL the people!
I was just wondering if it were possible to have an input box for color codes (e.g. AARRGGBB, 6A458CF5, FFCCCCCC)

Haha thanks allot!

Yes I'm going to implement this in one of the next versions of the app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmade

Just installed, gonna give it a whirl. Great app and excellent execution, loving it so far. But please stop asking me to share/rate/buy the app every single time I boot up, pretty obnoxious.

Edit 1: If I pick ram monitor the bar stays completely solid across the board (doesn't fluctuate and doesnt move) no matter what I am doing to the phone

Edit 2: Can someone explain the Height in layouts for me? I cannot see a visible different between 1 and 40px. The line doesn't get... fatter. The width I understand (horizontal line, how far it stretches across your screen) but the height seems to do nothing for me. Weigth (correct spelling there?) also does nothing for me.

The share/rate/buy dialog will be less spamming in the next version, thanks for your feedback! The ram monitor should actually be very still and not fluctuating, what happens if you kill some apps? It should lower a bit.

What phone model are you using? Height should just change the height of all the indicator bars.

Weight changes the way multiple monitors are distributed within the chosen width or height. For example if you have two monitors, a monitor with a weight of 2 will be two times larger then the monitor with a weight of 1. If you don't get it I will make an image for you Also this is going to be added to the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanVitox

I agree with this and think it would also be cool to be able to stack them so you could have battery and CPU on the top of the status bar.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Now you can stack them (Tinycore version 2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio000

great work

I think it would be great if had an option to show battery level in tinycore... with tinycore showing the battery level, we user could hide the battery stock icon (with another apps) gaining space in the statusbar

The battery indicator will be added in the next version, I'm running tests right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermacwins

Nice app, are those colour presets holo colours? Doesnt seem to have red holo from google movies?

Thanks, yes those are all preset holo colors. Check out the design site: https://developer.android.com/design/style/color.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Rolf Smit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rolf Smit Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 10:28 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hey dude, lover you app. Are you gonna add gpu monitor?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th March 2014, 02:10 PM |#33  
Flag Greece
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Excellent app.

But I have one complaint.
When I clear all recents, tinycor shuts down too. I must have the notification on to avoid killing the app. I would like to keep app running even though I kill all recents without the notification.
Can you please do this?

sent from my Amstrad CPC6128
7th March 2014, 03:44 PM |#34  
Flag Johor Bahru
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akilleas

Excellent app.

When I clear all recents, tinycor shuts down too. I must have the notification on to avoid killing the app. I would like to keep app running even though I kill all recents without the notification.
Can you please do this?

Just set whatever to suit your taste, untick the persistant notification icon option and reboot... It’ll start back without the icon/ notification.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lim Wee Huat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lim Wee Huat Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 04:31 PM |#35  
Flag Greece

More
That did the job.
Thank you very much.

7th March 2014, 05:11 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
No battery issues at all here. Posting a couple screenshots for everyone. Galaxy Note II.
The Following User Says Thank You to Handled For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Handled Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 05:17 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member

More
Tinycore 2.1 update
2.1.0 (10) (Available in a few hours!)
  • Increased the maximum amount of monitors from 8 to 10.
  • Added an experimental option to automatically hide the monitors in full-screen.
  • Added option to set the notification priority (Only for Android 4.1 and higher).
  • Moved notification settings to its own menu.
  • Added new monitor type: battery level.
  • Fixed force close when pressing the feedback button.
  • Fixed height bug in the free version.
  • Fixed orientation dialog showing when not supposed to.
  • Decreased the buy and social dialog show rate.
  • Optimizations when phone screen turns off. (Tinycore shuts itself now almost completely down!)
  • Updated language files.
  • Added 4 new languages:
    • German
    • Hebrew
    • Polish
    • Turkish
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rolf Smit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rolf Smit Ad-Free
7th March 2014, 05:24 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Any news on gpu usage monitor ?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th March 2014, 07:06 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 1,489

More
thank you for this awesome app, purchased pro
can you add this feature: that when core1(or any or more) gets active (from idle) it will shows its separate bar below core0, and when any core gets idle: the bar should disappear
i'm attaching some screenshots for this, this app is Micro CPU Monitor
would really appreciate it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-07-23-42-24.png
Views:	88
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	2618754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-07-23-42-19.png
Views:	88
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	2618755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-07-23-37-14.png
Views:	82
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2618756  
7th March 2014, 09:38 PM |#40  
Flag Greece

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akilleas

Excellent app.

Can you please do this?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...is-on-the-way/

I think that this two are related....
The service of tinycor doesn't start automatically.

7th March 2014, 09:43 PM |#41  
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 812

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Smit

Some phones shutdown cores when there is not much to do, the core indicator should just show a completely empty bar. What happens if you play a heavy game or something else needing more CPU power?

I know lol. It'll show CPU 0s scaling on all 4 if I use the separate bars and will only show show CPU 0 as being actively used in the all in one. I've tested this with Android tuner by forcing certain cores off and others on and it only displays core 0. :3

Sent from my Carbon LG-E980
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cpu, floating, monitor, ram, system

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)