Stock Rom Slot hypothetical failure

Search This thread

Raymondlikesroot

Jan 28, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm debating if I should flash Hyperdrive RLS 14 on my stock slot in safestrap. Would I still flash the modules (I have mk2 )? Also, what would I flash in odin just in case if I encounter some problem? Would I flash the no wipe image or the full wipe image of the stock mk2?

Anndddd! last question... can you restore a backup of a rom slot 1 onto the stock slot?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Hi guys,

I'm debating if I should flash Hyperdrive RLS 14 on my stock slot in safestrap. Would I still flash the modules (I have mk2 )? Also, what would I flash in odin just in case if I encounter some problem? Would I flash the no wipe image or the full wipe image of the stock mk2?

Anndddd! last question... can you restore a backup of a rom slot 1 onto the stock slot?

I don't think you need to flash the kernel modules if you live dangerously and flash over the stock slot. However, it can't hurt to flash the MK2 modules. They're tiny, after all.

If you have problems, you may be able to fix it with a no-wipe. Otherwise, full-wipe will get it back.
If I were you, I'd download them both and verify MD5 sums before flashing over the stock slot. Then it's pretty easy to get something functional back.

Yes, Safestrap will let you flash a backup of slot one over stock. Will it work? Dunno. If you try it, please let us know. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Raymondlikesroot

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
I don't think you need to flash the kernel modules if you live dangerously and flash over the stock slot. However, it can't hurt to flash the MK2 modules. They're tiny, after all.

If you have problems, you may be able to fix it with a no-wipe. Otherwise, full-wipe will get it back.
If I were you, I'd download them both and verify MD5 sums before flashing over the stock slot. Then it's pretty easy to get something functional back.

Yes, Safestrap will let you flash a backup of slot one over stock. Will it work? Dunno. If you try it, please let us know. :fingers-crossed:

For what it's worth, I've flashed Hyperdrive to the stock slot with no trouble at all. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to do so.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
For what it's worth, I've flashed Hyperdrive to the stock slot with no trouble at all. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to do so.

Yes, it'll probably work. For the kind of people who ask this - given how often it's been already asked and answered - it's better to recommend that they spend the time to understand the risk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,