FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Internet filter that filters all apps that access the internet.

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By NMGxda, Member on 10th January 2014, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there an app (it doesn't have to be from the play store or nook shop since I am rooted) that filters all apps that can use the internet? For example, ezPDF Reader has "Direct Web Browsing" that's supposed to be used to make getting to web pdf's easier. But it can access any internet site. This would be filtered as well as actual browser apps like Chrome and Firefox. I was thinking that root would come into play here. Since I am rooted, I would be easier for an app to access stuff like this, right? Anyway, is there an app that can filter out specified content from any app that accesses the internet, preferably not using a VPN since I am going to be using it in conjunction with a web monitoring app and a VPN may hide history from it.

21st February 2014, 06:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
I know avast in the play store has a firewall (root). Never used it myself so I don't know how much control it gives you
22nd February 2014, 10:10 PM |#3  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Not exactly sure what you meant.
If you want to enable internet for specific apps only, you can use Avast (with the whole anti virus thing) or AFWall+(more options regarding firewall)
If you want to enable only specific websites, i'm also searching but haven't found anything yet
5th March 2014, 03:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,300

Donate to Me
More
You could BLOCK specific sites by adding them to the hosts file (via adblock for example or just edit the file) and redirect them to localhost...this will prevent the connections to specific domains.
8th March 2014, 04:06 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not exactly knowing what you want, too!
Do you mean that you would like to download app or file from website restricted in your area?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
all browsers, filter, root, web filter

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)