FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Telegram, the secure chat client.

452 posts
Thanks Meter: 334

By Zenety, Senior Member on 24th January 2014, 08:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2014, 11:47 PM |#181  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 751

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

Check 1.3.26

im on 1.3.29 so im not sure when was 1.3.26 released but most probably I had it when I still had all these problems

7th March 2014, 11:49 PM |#182  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoubij

im on 1.3.29 so im not sure when was 1.3.26 released but most probably I had it when I still had all these problems

What problems are you having? I'm certainly not saying the app is fixed, just some issues got fixed which makes me hopeful that more will be fixed.
8th March 2014, 12:07 AM |#183  
Flag Tripoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

What problems are you having? I'm certainly not saying the app is fixed, just some issues got fixed which makes me hopeful that more will be fixed.

The problem is soo annoying. I will summarize for you. I have a contact, now what telegram does it DUPLICATES the number of this contact.
so lets say his number is 12345 and home number is 98765 but if he has telegram in 12345 then I will see the number twice in the contact.
I SEPERATED the contact to show you the difference between whatsapp and telegram because whatsapp does NOT do this.
Check screenshots. Hope you understood what I mean, because now I have every contact that has telegram, inside his contact profile he will have the same number twice, which is really confusing and cluttering and annoying especially for contacts that have many numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1394236987133.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	2619181   Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1394237018332.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	2619182  
8th March 2014, 02:32 AM |#184  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:

The problem is soo annoying. I will summarize for you. I have a contact, now what telegram does it DUPLICATES the number of this contact.
so lets say his number is 12345 and home number is 98765 but if he has telegram in 12345 then I will see the number twice in the contact.
I SEPERATED the contact to show you the difference between whatsapp and telegram because whatsapp does NOT do this.
Check screenshots. Hope you understood what I mean, because now I have every contact that has telegram, inside his contact profile he will have the same number twice, which is really confusing and cluttering and annoying especially for contacts that have many numbers.

Not a telegram issue, no problem here at all.
Nexus 4, OmniROM 4.4.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394245920359.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2619350  
8th March 2014, 03:05 AM |#185  
Flag Tripoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _artem_

Not a telegram issue, no problem here at all.
Nexus 4, OmniROM 4.4.2

That's weird because when i unistall telegram the problem is solved

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 06:12 AM |#186  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 542

More
Quote:

That's weird because when i unistall telegram the problem is solved

The problem as far as I can make out is that if you have a number stored, Telegram will duplicate it to add the country code. Apparently some work was done to fix this issue. A workaround is to store all your numbers with country codes by default.
8th March 2014, 09:27 AM |#187  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Nice app but I can't figure out for the life of me how to update the contact list. I know that a contact of my general (not telegram) phonebook has recently installed telegram, but he doesn't show up in telegram's contacts. How to force telegram to rescan my phonebook to see if anyone has installed telegram?
Thanks.
8th March 2014, 09:34 AM |#188  
Flag Tripoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor-ric

Nice app but I can't figure out for the life of me how to update the contact list. I know that a contact of my general (not telegram) phonebook has recently installed telegram, but he doesn't show up in telegram's contacts. How to force telegram to rescan my phonebook to see if anyone has installed telegram?
Thanks.

Did you enable it from settings >,sync

Settings > telegram > sync now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayoubij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayoubij Ad-Free
8th March 2014, 09:43 AM |#189  

More
Quote:

Did you enable it from settings >,sync

Settings > telegram > sync now

I went in the phone's general sync settings and there it was telegram's contact sync option. I've ticked it and forced a manual sync. Thanks. Not very intuitive at all. At least they should link you to the general settings...
However, the contact still doesn't show up in telegram.
8th March 2014, 09:45 AM |#190  
Flag Tripoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nor-ric

I went in the phone's general sync settings and there it was telegram's contact sync option. I've ticked it and forced a manual sync. Thanks. Not very intuitive at all. At least they should link you to the general settings...
However, the contact still doesn't show up in telegram.

If the contact still doesnt show, go to telegram and in settings below you ll find log out. Log out then log back in

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayoubij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayoubij Ad-Free
8th March 2014, 09:53 AM |#191  

More
Quote:

If the contact still doesnt show, go to telegram and in settings below you ll find log out. Log out then log back in

Thanks pal. It worked!
They should implement this in a better way, though. This is very important: if people don't see an increasing contact list, it's likely that they leave telegram. The logout is probably not neessary: the contact would have eventually showed up after a reboot (I think), but at least they should point you to the general settings to tick the phonebook autosync.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)