Vibration on Nexus 10

Search This thread

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
Why did no one warn me about this flipping thing.................'*`+*'!!!!! The Nexus 7 doesn't have this nonsense. Samsung you suck!

Is there a trick to rid myself of it completely (I'm not rooting the device)?

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
Can you elaborate, please? I understand that you don't want the machine vibration, but when? while you touch the screen, or the keyboard?

In that case just uncheck the vibration option under Settings -> Sound, or under Settings -> Language&Input -> Google keyboard settings.

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
Can you elaborate, please? I understand that you don't want the machine vibration, but when? while you touch the screen, or the keyboard?

In that case just uncheck the vibration option under Settings -> Sound, or under Settings -> Language&Input -> Google keyboard settings.
Hi thanks :) I don't want it ever, I tried what you said last night (after googling it) but it didn't help. I discovered with more googling that me having everything permanently on mute was causing it to activate vibrate mode automatically. So I turned my volume to zero then up a notch or two (as was recommended). That cuts it out mostly but when I move app icons around for example it still bloody buzzes at me. Makes me jump every time.

Reactions: VivaErBetis

der187

Nov 5, 2010
Hi thanks :) I don't want it ever, I tried what you said last night (after googling it) but it didn't help. I discovered with more googling that me having everything permanently on mute was causing it to activate vibrate mode automatically. So I turned my volume to zero then up a notch or two (as was recommended). That cuts it out mostly but when I move app icons around for example it still bloody buzzes at me. Makes me jump every time.
Cannot confrm this, no vibration here...

Seems to me like you did not uncheck Vibration in Settings/Sound...

springy

Dec 26, 2010
Hey don't be like that man. We are only trying to help.

Go to settings, sound and disable vibrate on touch. This should disable the keyboard.

Download something like Widgetsoid and there should be a toggle that allows you to disable system wide vibrate.

Some apps may override it, like SwiftKey so you may need to disable it for some apps manually

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

der187

Nov 5, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-08-12-55-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-12-55-18.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_2014-03-08-12-56-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-12-56-17.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 157

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
I can assure you that with the following settings there are no vibrations at all (Nexus 10 stock). Maybe it is caused by a 3rd-party app?
I'm running stock. I have disabled it in the settings I did that before posting the thread. I've had a Nexus 7 since launch day, so I'm not a complete newbie.

I have only installed the following so far, all from the Google Play shop
Perfect Viewer
Comics (comiXology app)
build a lot 4
Stand O Food 3

As I said it is only happening now when I move an app icon around.

Last edited:

der187

Nov 5, 2010
I'm running stock. I have disabled it in the settings I did that before posting the thread. I've had a Nexus 7 since launch day, so I'm not a complete newbie.

I have only installed the following so far, all from the Google Play shop
Perfect Viewer
Comics (comiXology app)
build a lot 4
Stand O Food 3

As I said it is only happening now when I move an app icon around.

It's a stock launcher "issue"...

You could try Google Now Launcher...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

... or any other launcher.

gc84245

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast of Canada
It happens to me too using the stock launcher and Nova launcher, and as far as I know there is no way to turn it off. My only recommendation is try apex launcher since it has the option to turn it off.

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
It happens to me too using the stock launcher and Nova launcher, and as far as I know there is no way to turn it off. My only recommendation is try apex launcher since it has the option to turn it off.

Thanks that's helpful. I'm keeping my device 100% stock so I'll just have to put up with it unless someone comes up with a cure. :)

Cannot confrm this, no vibration here...
Seems to me like you did not uncheck Vibration in Settings/Sound...
I can assure you that with the following settings there are no vibrations at all (Nexus 10 stock).
Before you start making incorrect sweeping statements & accusing people of lying, perhaps get your facts straight next time. Don't try & 'help' me again you're going on ignore.

oakbowery

Nov 16, 2013
I personally love the haptic feedback. I wish my 2012 nexus 7 had it. One of my favorite features.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

der187

Nov 5, 2010
As I mentioned I am not "suffering" from "bad vibrations" using Google Now Launcher (but otherwise completely stock). I didn't consider this to be the reason but who would have? At least I took some time investigating and finally realized why I am not experiencing this "issue" while others do and even offered a solution for those who are annoyed: Install Google Now Launcher (or any other launcher, though I don't know which one does "solve" that too)

It saddens me that some people get so offensive over nothing...

gc84245

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast of Canada
For some of us, haptic feedback is not a "feature" it's an annoyance. At least give us the option to turn it off. It is the only reason why I switched from Nova to Apex on my Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey don't be like that man. We are only trying to help.

Go to settings, sound and disable vibrate on touch. This should disable the keyboard.

Download something like Widgetsoid and there should be a toggle that allows you to disable system wide vibrate.

Some apps may override it, like SwiftKey so you may need to disable it for some apps manually