Download boost from S5?

Search This thread

sushi143

Oct 8, 2009
Michigan
Does anyone know if that would be a possible feature to port or imitate on our z1? Gotta say that is one feature that doesn't sound like a gimmick. Perhaps there is already an app that I couldn't find that already does this?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
It's nothing new, an app called "Super Download" has been around since 2012 doing exactly the same. It can be found here.

This. People keep saying it's a hardware thing. No...nothing samsung does is a hardware thing. Heart rate monitor? Apps did the same thing for years. The fingerprint sensor and IR blaster is the only "hardware" thing that can't be replicated on other phones. (or have already been replicated)

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
This. People keep saying it's a hardware thing. No...nothing samsung does is a hardware thing. Heart rate monitor? Apps did the same thing for years. The fingerprint sensor and IR blaster is the only "hardware" thing that can't be replicated on other phones. (or have already been replicated)

Even the fingerprint has been somewhat replicated with an app

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
Eh?

How does an app that pretends to scan your finger but just detects your touch come even remotely close to a real fingerprint scanner?

They don't, but some of them have a special way of touching them, kinda like a code, stupid but its as close as you get without the hardware

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts