[Q] xperia t 4.3 push notifications

Search This thread

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
hi guys,

since the update to the 4.3 firmware, i'm not getting push notifications for facebook, skype etc. k9 mail and sms apps work just fine. i've added my accounts properly (google facebook etc.). tried disabling timescape and the sony social crap but that didn't help. i have no such problems on aftermarket roms (omni, cm).

i also downloaded push notification tester, and i can confirm that nothing happens after step 3 (trigger notification).

am i the alone with this? if not, is there a fix?

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
hi guys,

since the update to the 4.3 firmware, i'm not getting push notifications for facebook, skype etc. k9 mail and sms apps work just fine. i've added my accounts properly (google facebook etc.). tried disabling timescape and the sony social crap but that didn't help. i have no such problems on aftermarket roms (omni, cm).

i also downloaded push notification tester, and i can confirm that nothing happens after step 3 (trigger notification).

Got Google Play Services up and running? I noticed that when removing or disabling this app, you will no longer receive Push notifications..

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bamdadkhan

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
Got Google Play Services up and running? I noticed that when removing or disabling this app, you will no longer receive Push notifications..

well, i always disable that invasive crap, but yeah, i did a test with play services enabled and updated - no luck.

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
btw it's also disabled on my cm10.1 rom and i have no problems receiving notifications.

bamdadkhan

Oct 7, 2013
UPDATE: seems to work on the new 9.2.A.1.199 firmware. i don't know if it's because of the new firmware or something i've changed (i've only restored user apps+data), but google play services is definitely disabled. ^^

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
UPDATE: seems to work on the new 9.2.A.1.199 firmware. i don't know if it's because of the new firmware or something i've changed (i've only restored user apps+data), but google play services is definitely disabled. ^^

Well, when I disable Play Services, push notifications stop working.. :D
But glad you got it to work ;)

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys,