This is what I have understood so far:
1) A hacking tool used to be available for rooting and now isn't
2) The Ace tool was then used, but I read that it isn't supported and may not work.
3) Official CM roms for the Inspire are only for Gingerbread replacement, which I have now so why replace it with that rom.
4) Other roms seem to be Jelly Bean type upgrades, but I'm not sure which one would be the best. Or if I need to root and unlock first before flashing it.
5) Possibly, maybe not, I would need to revert back to factory version (froyo) before doing anything.
So, now rooting is done how? (if I wanted to only have root access but keep Gingerbread)
Is there a stable Jelly Bean rom that includes rooting and unlocking?
My Inspire came with Froyo and was upgraded OTA to Gingerbread, do I need to factory reset before doing any of these things?
(probably a stupid question to you guys, but....) I like customizing my phone, if I were to flash a Jelly Bean type rom, would that be the operating system version my phone would be, like when getting apps that require that version and above?
How does HTC Sense factor into all this?
Thanking you in advance for your patience!