FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where in the world is Allow Mock Location in Gear setting?

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By ronfurro, Senior Member on 4th March 2014, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Im trying to enable GPS tethering for Google Maps and I need to select "Allow Mock Location" in setting some where. Can you please help me locate where in the Gear this can be located?
 
 
4th March 2014, 10:54 PM |#2  
animatechnica's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
its under the developer settings - which is hidden unless you unlock it - . while on the desktop (using Nova launcher) to get the developer settings, go into settings, about gear, then tap build number about 5 times to enable developer options. go back to the previous screen (still under settings), then scroll down to 'developer options', tap this and look for allow mock locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro

Im trying to enable GPS tethering for Google Maps and I need to select "Allow Mock Location" in setting some where. Can you please help me locate where in the Gear this can be located?

The Following User Says Thank You to animatechnica For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift animatechnica Ad-Free
5th March 2014, 01:39 AM |#3  
ronfurro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica

its under the developer settings - which is hidden unless you unlock it - . while on the desktop (using Nova launcher) to get the developer settings, go into settings, about gear, then tap build number about 5 times to enable developer options. go back to the previous screen (still under settings), then scroll down to 'developer options', tap this and look for allow mock locations

Got it! Thank you so much. Now I got turn-by-turn navigation!

Edit: Gear cant seem to do turn-by-turn but general maps features are supported and work fine.
5th March 2014, 02:58 PM |#4  
lazer9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 859
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro

Got it! Thank you so much. Now I got turn-by-turn navigation!

Edit: Gear cant seem to do turn-by-turn but general maps features are supported and work fine.

Do you have to be on Internet Tether to accomplish this? and I'm assuming you just installed Google Maps to the gear?
9th March 2014, 03:15 PM |#5  
ronfurro's Avatar
OP Senior Member
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Bluetooth transfer the APK from your phone to the gear. It is the easiest way, I have found to transfer amd install files.
6th August 2016, 01:34 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Help pls
Whenever i turn on allow mock location, it automatically turns it off for some reason i dont know
I have a Samsung s5 Version 5.1.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes