[Q] Lock screen on camera (underwater pictures)

Search This thread

FlashT

Nov 10, 2008
Hi,
Is there any way to lock screen when camera is on? I would like to make some underwater pictures, but the problem is that when touchscreen is wet, it presses random things... any way to avoid that?
Best regards,
FlashT

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
Hi,
Is there any way to lock screen when camera is on? I would like to make some underwater pictures, but the problem is that when touchscreen is wet, it presses random things... any way to avoid that?
Best regards,
FlashT

Download aqua camera from play store and go into settings and select use volume keys :)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hermantje

May 22, 2012
Groningen
hugehog.blogspot.com
Hi,
Best regards,
FlashT

One thing to keep in mind is that the touchscreen only responds to random touches when it is partially under water. Once fully submerged there is no difference in conduction anymore and nothing is pressed - not by the water, nor by touch input. If you press the camera button half-way to focus and then submerge it, you're good to go.

Again, once it's fully submerged, random presses won't occur (that often) anymore. If you submerge your phone quickly, you also lower the likelyhood of random presses. I hope this helps you, and hopefully others who didn't know this as well :angel:

FlashT

Nov 10, 2008
@technostein Yes, but it doesn't lock screen... and Xperia has it's dedicated button for photo, so it is basically usless :)

Last edited: