WARNING! Read before considering a Moto G

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By Solaris81, Member on 6th March 2014, 02:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2014, 09:56 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Funny, i have heard a lot of these screen breaking from a very minor drop - mine dropped couple of feet and i just expected a case scuff based on previous phones (also never had a screen break despite pretty ruff treatment, had desire hd for 5 years and the metal is battered but no mark on screen) this shattered like it was sugar glass almost)

i went to Motorola they also tried to charge me 75 or pay ransom, i complained as there is a another thread on this forum (search replacement screen) and people were getting free repairs - i was told categorically that screen damage is non warranty, i argued that this should have been teh case for everyone and asked them to investigate, in about a week they came back and said it would be done for free, no explanation way - they obliviously feel some obligation, they wouldn't just be fixing these non warranty claims if there wasn't an issue some where

The CSO was adamant it would be chargeable but escalated on my request, so bit strange it is suddenly done under warranty without pushing it at all, all they did say was dont believe all you read on forums, but on this occasion it seemed to be accurate over the knowledge of the CSO.

3 days later repaired phone arrived, i have now ordered the below to try and avoid future reppeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?R=...038051_TE_dp_1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?R=...986871_TE_item
The Following User Says Thank You to solowkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift solowkey Ad-Free

9th March 2014, 09:56 AM |#32  
Flag Ajman
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Adding to the topic, the specs have masked an important short giving of MOTO G Dual Sim, 'It Does Not Support 3G on both sims, only Sim-1!' Just wanted to add!
9th March 2014, 04:08 PM |#33  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solowkey

Funny, i have heard a lot of these screen breaking from a very minor drop - mine dropped couple of feet and i just expected a case scuff based on previous phones (also never had a screen break despite pretty ruff treatment, had desire hd for 5 years and the metal is battered but no mark on screen) this shattered like it was sugar glass almost)

i went to Motorola they also tried to charge me 75 or pay ransom, i complained as there is a another thread on this forum (search replacement screen) and people were getting free repairs - i was told categorically that screen damage is non warranty, i argued that this should have been teh case for everyone and asked them to investigate, in about a week they came back and said it would be done for free, no explanation way - they obliviously feel some obligation, they wouldn't just be fixing these non warranty claims if there wasn't an issue some where

The CSO was adamant it would be chargeable but escalated on my request, so bit strange it is suddenly done under warranty without pushing it at all, all they did say was dont believe all you read on forums, but on this occasion it seemed to be accurate over the knowledge of the CSO.

3 days later repaired phone arrived, i have now ordered the below to try and avoid future reppeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?R=...038051_TE_dp_1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?R=...986871_TE_item

Thanks for that I will have to contact them again and ask them why some people are getting free repairs for this and others aren't. Also when my phone dropped less than 2 feet, it was such a soft landing that there isn't a single mark/scratch/scuff or anything of the sort on the bezel of the phone, something I encouraged the person I was e-mailing at Motorola to examine but to no avail.
9th March 2014, 04:18 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris81

Thanks for that I will have to contact them again and ask them why some people are getting free repairs for this and others aren't. Also when my phone dropped less than 2 feet, it was such a soft landing that there isn't a single mark/scratch/scuff or anything of the sort on the bezel of the phone, something I encouraged the person I was e-mailing at Motorola to examine but to no avail.

Yes mine fell out of pocket when sitting down, only about 1.5 foot drop - they will tell you not to believe forum posts lol but ask for it to be escalated. to be fair the girl i spoke to was very good even though she totally disagreed that it should be repaired for free.

It was the first time i was disappointed with anything to do with the Moto G but they sorted me out in the end so im happy again, it was a total shock when it happened i was not expecting any damage, i had to double take it i was like wtf
The Following User Says Thank You to solowkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift solowkey Ad-Free
9th March 2014, 04:41 PM |#35  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solowkey

Yes mine fell out of pocket when sitting down, only about 1.5 foot drop - they will tell you not to believe forum posts lol but ask for it to be escalated. to be fair the girl i spoke to was very good even though she totally disagreed that it should be repaired for free.

It was the first time i was disappointed with anything to do with the Moto G but they sorted me out in the end so im happy again, it was a total shock when it happened i was not expecting any damage, i had to double take it i was like wtf

Yeah exactly how I felt unfortunately things didn't go quite so well for me. I've messaged them again now telling them about another person getting a repair for free, I'd already mentioned at least one in my original message to them, and I've asked them to investigate it. We'll see what they say.
10th March 2014, 12:05 AM |#36  
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

Wow, you must have lots of spare money.

No just that the phone to me is built solid. Not saying if I drop it again it won't shatter the screen. But I've been lucky....

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 903tex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 903tex Ad-Free
10th March 2014, 01:08 AM |#37  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 877

More
Otterbox and a simple screen protector and you wouldn't be in this

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 04:07 PM |#38  
OP Member

More
Here's is Motorola's reply to me saying I've spoke to people in the same situation as me who received free repairs after their complaint was escalated, I also asked them to comment on being quoted an excluding tax price which I told them I was informed was illegal. Here is their response in full...

"Thank you for contacting Motorola.

We are sorry to inform you that your case has already been escalated and the decision made by management is final. We are not allowed to re-escalate your case or to overrule management's decision. Should you have any more concerns, please address it to the complaints department address given on the previous message."

I've written back telling them what makes me different to the people who received free repairs, and asked why they refuse to comment on the illegal practice I mentioned. I'll post reply when I get it.
10th March 2014, 10:56 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mughalgxt

Adding to the topic, the specs have masked an important short giving of MOTO G Dual Sim, 'It Does Not Support 3G on both sims, only Sim-1!' Just wanted to add!

Not true ! Moto G suports 3G on both sims.
11th March 2014, 12:08 AM |#40  
Flag CALICUT
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hahaha.. I have dropped my device from my houses roof height while I'm trying to paint the roof.. Nothing happens and still working.. I'm also used so many cellphones including high end and low end.. And I never find a device's warranty that covering physical crashes. As smartphone technician I've repaired apple 5s last week.. The owner was covered by Apple warranty and special extended warranty.. But composing said that they can't do anything with physical crashes.. So , its not a problem... as technician I am very happy with its build quality and performance..

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kichnaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kichnaz Ad-Free
11th March 2014, 03:14 AM |#41  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kichnaz

Hahaha.. I have dropped my device from my houses roof height while I'm trying to paint the roof.. Nothing happens and still working.. I'm also used so many cellphones including high end and low end.. And I never find a device's warranty that covering physical crashes. As smartphone technician I've repaired apple 5s last week.. The owner was covered by Apple warranty and special extended warranty.. But composing said that they can't do anything with physical crashes.. So , its not a problem... as technician I am very happy with its build quality and performance..

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

Well of course it's not a problem for you, you dropped it from the top of your house and it's fine, mine slipped from a bed less than 2 feet to the floor and the screen smashed. So basically, just because some people have no problem, it doesn't mean others don't. What's more of a problem though seems to be Motorola's inconsistent customer service, and so far refusal to comment on the illegal practice of quoting me the excluding VAT price for repair.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)