Safe to flash p4wifi on p4vzw?

Search This thread

aaronDroid80

Feb 24, 2011
Mechanicsburg, PA
I have a p4vzw that is no longer used on Verizon, just at home. I'm finally looking to load some custom roms, and just wondered. Is it safe to flash a p4wifi rom on it. I've noticed that a lot of the custom roms are for the p4 or p4wifi, but not the p4vzw. If it would work, would I need to use a different .pit file?
Thanks.

Sent from my Dark Chocolate 4.4 One X

z0oty

May 3, 2012
I have a p4vzw that is no longer used on Verizon, just at home. I'm finally looking to load some custom roms, and just wondered. Is it safe to flash a p4wifi rom on it. I've noticed that a lot of the custom roms are for the p4 or p4wifi, but not the p4vzw. If it would work, would I need to use a different .pit file?
Thanks.

Sent from my Dark Chocolate 4.4 One X

BUMP...

I have the sch-i905/U (which from what I gather is the same as the verizon version)
I rooted it and it got all messed up. Now I am searching for the stock rom/recovery to bring it back to its original form... seems to be impossible to find... and other roms don't even install, everything seems to fail.

I am now trying to install Ubuntu Touch on to my galaxy tab 10.1 since I am pretty much giving up on returning to stock... but I can't seem to make anything stick.

The tab is running:
-ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
-Android 4.2.2
-CM 10.1-20131118-NIGHTLY-p4vzw
-Kernel version 3.1.10

Any help would be appreciated.

joestark1981

Jan 31, 2014
Wixom
stock rom

BUMP...

I have the sch-i905/U (which from what I gather is the same as the verizon version)
I rooted it and it got all messed up. Now I am searching for the stock rom/recovery to bring it back to its original form... seems to be impossible to find... and other roms don't even install, everything seems to fail.

I am now trying to install Ubuntu Touch on to my galaxy tab 10.1 since I am pretty much giving up on returning to stock... but I can't seem to make anything stick.

The tab is running:
-ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
-Android 4.2.2
-CM 10.1-20131118-NIGHTLY-p4vzw
-Kernel version 3.1.10

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you still need the stock rom? i have a couple of them for this tablet, if my memory serves me right i have ICS and ginger. let me know