[ROM][MK2][TW4.3] | dbombROM | V3.4 | TouchWiz | 01.28.14

Search This thread

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I have created this thread to keep discussion out of the development forums. This thread is for anyone who needs help with this rom. It is a great rom but the dev has gone missing so it no longer gets updated. I hope the developer is okay and that he returns to XDA to continue his great work. Until then, we are here to help you work out your issues. Thank you dannyben for your great work. I hope you are okay.

Posted via Tapatalk 4 Pro
Wicked v10 - TMoSGS4
Ktoonsez - Moonlight v3

Reactions: The Sickness

wileycoyote1103

Mar 22, 2012
I was using this ROM well up until a week ago when I strangely lost all data and connectivity. I thought maybe it was the boot loader or modem so I ref lashed but that didn't fix it. I had only a backup of death stalkers ROM on my SD card. As soon as I booted the backup everything was fine. I keep looking to see if there is any updates for debomb ROM but then I found this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
I was using this ROM well up until a week ago when I strangely lost all data and connectivity. I thought maybe it was the boot loader or modem so I ref lashed but that didn't fix it. I had only a backup of death stalkers ROM on my SD card. As soon as I booted the backup everything was fine. I keep looking to see if there is any updates for debomb ROM but then I found this.

I don't have an answer for you except that this rom seems to act up once in a while for many of us. You can re flash it after a full wipe (data, system, cache, Dalvic Cache, and optional internal sdcard) to start over and you should be fine, at least for a good while until it acts up again ;) . If you are switching roms then the internal sdcard wipe is no longer optional. Backup your stuff to your external sdcard before you wipe the internal sdcard. The reason for this is because roms leave stuff behind in system, data, and internal sdcard. Other than that, this rom is great. Many users don't even have problems at all. It depends on your phone as all S4's are unique and work differently. My S4, for example, can't use this rom because my touchscreen will often stop responding and it often randomly reboots. You might have better luck though. Happy flashing and good luck!

Wicked v10 - TMoSGS4
Ktoonsez - Moonlight v3

Last edited:
Reactions: wileycoyote1103

JamesEh408

Apr 20, 2012
San Jose
Bookmark for future reference. I'm still using this since 3.0. Might need support at some time...In fact I'm pretty sure of it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

JamesEh408

Apr 20, 2012
San Jose
OK so I have been using this room since 3.0 came out. Been on 3.4 for about a month or so.
On 3.0 the keyboard would learn my words and save them. This is not happening on 3.4.

Is there a setting or something I am missing?

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
OK so I have been using this room since 3.0 came out. Been on 3.4 for about a month or so.
On 3.0 the keyboard would learn my words and save them. This is not happening on 3.4.

If I remember correctly there was an issue with Wanam being the issue with that. Dannyben posted a package in 1of his posts with a fix for it. I don't remember what page its on but it was a little bit before he stopped responding. It was the version of Wanam that was buggy so he made a package with the latest working version.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: phrotac

JamesEh408

Apr 20, 2012
San Jose
If I remember correctly there was an issue with Wanam being the issue with that. Dannyben posted a package in 1of his posts with a fix for it. I don't remember what page its on but it was a little bit before he stopped responding. It was the version of Wanam that was buggy so he made a package with the latest working version.

Oh man...I will do a search...If anyone has it I would appreciate it

Thanks

Last edited:

Ninion

Mar 25, 2009

It is also possible it could be due to which keyboard you are using. With Swype you would need to go to the keyboard settings and register it. It will restore your older saved words and hopefully continue to save new ones.

Otherwise it would be the Wanam issue as previously stated.

Thibor69

[Q] WiFi Lost

Ahhhh just saw this thread after I posted in OP thread.... well can't hurt to ask twice. :rolleyes:

Sorry to bring this thread up again if it's dieing out .... but for the time being, this ROM is working great for me.
I do have one problem I just noticed. I can not seem to connect to any WiFi network that has any type of security.
It will log into the WiFi network and get past the Authentication ( password ) then just hangs at waiting for an IP.
If the network is OPEN then it grabs the IP just fine.

I thought I saw some one else mention this here ... but going back through the post's I don't see anything about it.

Any thoughts ??

This is what I am running.

=====================================
DEViCE ............. Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
ROM .................. dbombROM_v3.4 | TW_v4.3 | NB4 & MDL |
BOOTLOADER ... M919UVUAMDL
BASEBAND ....... M919UVUFNB4 [GSM] / M919UVUAMDL [LTE]
KERNEL ............ Chronic_3.4.66-JB4.3-TW-TMO-v1.3

Thanks for any insight @-@

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Ahhhh just saw this thread after I posted in OP thread.... well can't hurt to ask twice. :rolleyes:

Sorry to bring this thread up again if it's dieing out .... but for the time being, this ROM is working great for me.
I do have one problem I just noticed. I can not seem to connect to any WiFi network that has any type of security.
It will log into the WiFi network and get past the Authentication ( password ) then just hangs at waiting for an IP.
If the network is OPEN then it grabs the IP just fine.

I thought I saw some one else mention this here ... but going back through the post's I don't see anything about it.

Any thoughts ??

This is what I am running.

DEViCE ............. Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
ROM .................. dbombROM_v3.4 | TW_v4.3 | NB4 & MDL |
BOOTLOADER ... M919UVUAMDL
BASEBAND ....... M919UVUFNB4 [GSM] / M919UVUAMDL [LTE]
KERNEL ............ Chronic_3.4.66-JB4.3-TW-TMO-v1.3

Thanks for any insight @-@

Sorry this is late. I had no phone for a few days. Anyway, it looks like you are still using the mdl modem. You should odin the mk2 modem for 4.3 TW roms. Mdl is for 4.2.2 and fnb4 is for 4.4.2 roms.

Sent from my MAXWEST using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread to keep discussion out of the development forums. This thread is for anyone who needs help with this rom. It is a great rom but the dev has gone missing so it no longer gets updated. I hope the developer is okay and that he returns to XDA to continue his great work. Until then, we are here to help you work out your issues. Thank you dannyben for your great work. I hope you are okay.

Wicked v10 - TMoSGS4
    Ktoonsez - Moonlight v3
    Good idea bro.....

I don't have an answer for you except that this rom seems to act up once in a while for many of us. You can re flash it after a full wipe (data, system, cache, Dalvic Cache, and optional internal sdcard) to start over and you should be fine, at least for a good while until it acts up again ;) . If you are switching roms then the internal sdcard wipe is no longer optional. Backup your stuff to your external sdcard before you wipe the internal sdcard. The reason for this is because roms leave stuff behind in system, data, and internal sdcard. Other than that, this rom is great. Many users don't even have problems at all. It depends on your phone as all S4's are unique and work differently. My S4, for example, can't use this rom because my touchscreen will often stop responding and it often randomly reboots. You might have better luck though. Happy flashing and good luck!

Wicked v10 - TMoSGS4
    Ktoonsez - Moonlight v3
    Bookmark for future reference. I'm still using this since 3.0. Might need support at some time...In fact I'm pretty sure of it

We'll be here :)

Wicked v10 - TMoSGS4
    Ktoonsez - Moonlight v3