Originally Posted by t3tr1s_
1. I'm still on 4.3, My baseband is N900TUVUBM17, I would like to root WITHOUT tripping Knox.. Is this at all possible at this juncture? If so, what method should work? (I can follow directions, I just need confirmation)
2. I need 4.3 or 4.4 stock for when I eventually turn this phone back in for the JUMP program to get the Note 4, is there a link somewhere?
3. Are most ROMs for the Note 3, 4.3? And if there are 4.4 ROMs, can I flash those if I root my phone on 4.3? I'm interested in SlimKat mostly with Lean Kernel.
4. I heard that flashing a kernel or ROM will trip Knox, so how does one go about doing any of this without tripping it?
5. I thought t-mobile had a flash counter when you turn your phone in (different from Knox), is that true? And can it be reset? If so how?
I'm not new to rooting, and I have read these forms before making this topic. I just need mostly a confirmation on what has worked for people with the same baseband as me..
As always, thank you!!
Check This thread
to see if you can root without mesing with KNOX
It doesn't matter what Samsung software is on the device when you exchange via the JUMP programme from what I am aware, so long as it's original Samsung TouchWiz
There's loads of ROMS for 4.3 and 4.4 - however the 4.3 are not updated so much now if at all - AllianceROM currently still support 4.3 and is a very good ROM - There is plenty now for 4.4 - and I mean plenty, @civato
does some great kernels also and his ROM FlexKat is pretty great. - XNOTE is another big ROM for 4.4 as is Omega and SweetROM all of which are just great. You have to try them to get a feel of which you prefer though
Kernel flashing/Custom recovery flashing will indeed trip your KNOX. There is(was?) a method in the General section about how to do it safely via Mobile Odin PRO. but you'd have to read up on that.
As for the T-Mo counter, I cannot comment on that as I do not have an N900T however you can look @ the T-Mo forum for more answers which is HERE