[Q] [HELP]Moto G (4.4.2) USB debugging wont work

Search This thread

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
Hey guys, i have the following problem.
So I want to unlock the bootloader of my Moto G but to do that I must use USB debugging. But if I use the command "adb devices" it gets always shown as offline. So I did a little research and found out, that since 4.4.2 a Pop-Up should show up to allow USB debugging with the connected PC.
Problem is this Pop-Up won't show up...
Could you please help me. I couldn't find a solution. Really frustating :(

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Hey guys, i have the following problem.
So I want to unlock the bootloader of my Moto G but to do that I must use USB debugging. But if I use the command "adb devices" it gets always shown as offline. So I did a little research and found out, that since 4.4.2 a Pop-Up should show up to allow USB debugging with the connected PC.
Problem is this Pop-Up won't show up...
Could you please help me. I couldn't find a solution. Really frustating :(

For my XT1031, I had to use the Motorola USB drivers for ADB to work, and Kush's Universal ADB drivers for Fastboot to work.
And if you are using Windows 8/8.1, then you have to disable to forced signature verification in order to install the Universal ADB drivers.

Also, for ADB to work in Windows, I had to set the phone's USB computer connection to Camera (PTP), instead of Media Device.

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
I'm using Motorolas Drivers. I downloaded them from the official website.
My ADB is also on the latest version (1.0.3.1). Also tried to factory reset my phone. Nothing works, the pop-up wont show up... :(

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
I'm using Motorolas Drivers. I downloaded them from the official website.
My ADB is also on the latest version (1.0.3.1). Also tried to factory reset my phone. Nothing works, the pop-up wont show up... :(

Dude, you need to follow the instructions step by step and provide more info about what's going on.

1. Is your "Enable ADB debugging" enabled? You said yes.. does your phone show "Android debugging enabled" icon when you plug it into your computer? If not, you don't have it enabled !

2. If you see the notification, go to Device Manager (hope you are using Windows, or I can't really help you), then can you find your device there? If the USB drivers are installed correctly, then you should see "Android Device" then a "Motorola ADB Interface" inside it. If not, you will see a yellow exclamation with something like "Motorola device"..

3. Did you change your phone's USB computer connection to Camera (PTP)??

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
If adb says that the device is "offline" but you see its ID, then you didnt authorize (on the phone) the pc to access USB Debugging, its a new feature of 4.4.When you connect your phone, a prompt should appear (check the status bar if it doesnt), saying a computers with RSA Key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX requested access to USB Debugging.

good luck

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
First of thanks for your help, much appreciated :D

1. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. If I plug in my Moto G a icon appears in the Notification-Center which says "USB debugging activated"

2. Yes if I go into the Device Manager I can see Android Device

3. Yes I ded change my USB-Setting to PTP

Any other ideas ?

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
Google Pixel 7a

1. Yes I have USB debugging enabled. If I plug in my Moto G a icon appears in the Notification-Center which says "USB debugging activated"

Any other ideas ?
Actually you do not need adb to unlock the bootloader only mfastboot which does not need adb to work all you do is boot into the bootloader then follow this
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47705438&postcount=6

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
If adb says that the device is "offline" but you see its ID, then you didnt authorize (on the phone) the pc to access USB Debugging, its a new feature of 4.4.When you connect your phone, a prompt should appear (check the status bar if it doesnt), saying a computers with RSA Key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX requested access to USB Debugging.

good luck

As mentioned above (first post of the thread) I know that I gotta allow my PC to connect properly to the phone. But the problem is that pop-up thingy wont show up. So I'm not able to allow USB debugging for my PC...

Actually you do not need adb to unlock the bootloader only mfastboot which does not need adb to work all you do is boot into the bootloader then follow this
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47705438&postcount=6

Everytime I try to do this i get the errormessage, that those commands or not known even if I'm at the right folder with the fastboot.exe within it. Because of that I thought I would need the connection to be online (I'm kinda new to all of this :p).

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
Google Pixel 7a
As mentioned above (first post of the thread) I know that I gotta allow my PC to connect properly to the phone. But the problem is that pop-up thingy wont show up. So I'm not able to allow USB debugging for my PC...

Everytime I try to do this i get the errormessage, that those commands or not known even if I'm at the right folder with the fastboot.exe within it. Because of that I thought I would need the connection to be online (I'm kinda new to all of this :p).
Just follow those instructions to the letter and any thing you don't understand or get an error message report back here

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV

Any other ideas ?

Hmmm... so.. what do you see when you type "adb devices" ?

Also, in your Device Manager, is the Motorola ADB interface properly installed? (no issues)?

And yes, to unlock the bootloader you just need Fastboot... when you boot to Fastboot and type "fastboot devices" do you see anything?

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
Okay, I will Unlock my Bootloader tomorrow but I would like to fix this issue, because I might encounter it in the future :/

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
Okay I'm sure fastboot works, cause I just unlocked my phone. So got anyone any ideas how I could Allow USB debugging ? :/

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Okay I'm sure fastboot works, cause I just unlocked my phone. So got anyone any ideas how I could Allow USB debugging ? :/

Couldn't wait till tomorrow to unlock the bootloader huh? ;)

Hmm... Did you use the Motorola USB drivers from the Motorola Device Manager 2.4.5?
And everything is properly installed in Device Manager? No devices with yellow exclamation?
And ADB devices shows no list of devices attached?

So weird...

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com

You can revoke all authorized devices for adb access.The option is right below the USB Debugging switch in Developer Options.

Then reboot your moto g and try again.

battlemaxi

Dec 11, 2012
Couldn't wait till tomorrow to unlock the bootloader huh? ;)

Hmm... Did you use the Motorola USB drivers from the Motorola Device Manager 2.4.5?
And everything is properly installed in Device Manager? No devices with yellow exclamation?
And ADB devices shows no list of devices attached?

So weird...

Nope :p
I guess I have the newest Version, cause I downloaded it from Motorola.com
Yes everything is working no yellow thingys what so eher..
If I use the 'ADB devices' command the ID of my device shows up but as already mentioned it's offline.

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk