My phone LAGS everywhere :(

Search This thread
So my problem is that the phone lags everywhere. For example I'm in Settings and if i scroll to the bottum, it lags a lot.If i swipe around home screens, it lags. I try to play some games and guess what - HUGE LAG in Fast & Furious 6, which btw ran quite smoothly a year ago. I've tried a lot of apps and some help (Seeder ; XBooster), but the lag is still there. I tried with enabled Force GPU Rendering and Disable Hardware Controls (both at once or just one of them), but I can't really tell if it's helping, because with or without those ticked, my phone lags :/
Please share some tips or something for getting the best performance out of this (other than the lags) great phone :)
I always have a nandroid backup aither on my sd card or on my pc, so flashable stuff is also more than welcome. Thanks in advance!
Oh, and I'm running the latest ANA2 official firmware rooted with Chainfire's SuperSU.

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
So my problem is that the phone lags everywhere. For example I'm in Settings and if i scroll to the bottum, it lags a lot.If i swipe around home screens, it lags. I try to play some games and guess what - HUGE LAG in Fast & Furious 6, which btw ran quite smoothly a year ago. I've tried a lot of apps and some help (Seeder ; XBooster), but the lag is still there. I tried with enabled Force GPU Rendering and Disable Hardware Controls (both at once or just one of them), but I can't really tell if it's helping, because with or without those ticked, my phone lags :/
Please share some tips or something for getting the best performance out of this (other than the lags) great phone :)
I always have a nandroid backup aither on my sd card or on my pc, so flashable stuff is also more than welcome. Thanks in advance!
Oh, and I'm running the latest ANA2 official firmware rooted with Chainfire's SuperSU.

Try using Entropy Fixer with Seeder. Replace XBooster with RAM Manager. Install Greenify and hiberbate apps like Facebook and etc. Install LagFix and trim your memory. Install any app that allows you to change your I/O scheduler and change it to noop. Change you animations to 0.5 or off. enable force GPU rendering, and disable hw overlays. Disable S voice. Try flashing a performance engine like adrenaline or pureperformances x ; just don't install more than one because it could brick or bootloop your phone. And if you install PurePerformances then seeder will stop working but it's okay because PurePerformances has an entropy generator. Don't use task killers. Install Clean Master and clean up your phone; make sure you uninstall it after because it's actually going to slow down your phone since it turns on apps like facebook and it runs in the background. Clean Master is good for cleaning but it runs apps in the background just to make it look like it clear a lot of RAM so uninstall it after you clean your phone. SD Maid is also good for cleaning your phone as well. Uninstall apps you don't use and freeze, disable or uninstall bloatware with SD Maid. All of these tips are what I use to make my S3 Mini fast and I play games like Modern Combat 4 , Dead Trigger 1 and 2, Shadowgun DZ, and Asphalt 8 very often so I'm sure that these tips should help you. Also I have the Canadian version of the S3 mini so my CPU is faster and my GPU is better than the international version of the phone, but these tips should still work on any phone since they work on my low end LG L3. Hope this helped :)
Forgot to mention if all else fails reflashing the firmware is always an option

Last edited:
Reactions: Aronuser
Try using Entropy Fixer with Seeder. Replace XBooster with RAM Manager. Install Greenify and hiberbate apps like Facebook and etc. Install LagFix and trim your memory. Install any app that allows you to change your I/O scheduler and change it to noop. Change you animations to 0.5 or off. enable force GPU rendering, and disable hw overlays. Disable S voice. Try flashing a performance engine like adrenaline or pureperformances x ; just don't install more than one because it could brick or bootloop your phone. And if you install PurePerformances then seeder will stop working but it's okay because PurePerformances has an entropy generator. Don't use task killers. Install Clean Master and clean up your phone; make sure you uninstall it after because it's actually going to slow down your phone since it turns on apps like facebook and it runs in the background. Clean Master is good for cleaning but it runs apps in the background just to make it look like it clear a lot of RAM so uninstall it after you clean your phone. SD Maid is also good for cleaning your phone as well. Uninstall apps you don't use and freeze, disable or uninstall bloatware with SD Maid. All of these tips are what I use to make my S3 Mini fast and I play games like Modern Combat 4 , Dead Trigger 1 and 2, Shadowgun DZ, and Asphalt 8 very often so I'm sure that these tips should help you. Also I have the Canadian version of the S3 mini so my CPU is faster and my GPU is better than the international version of the phone, but these tips should still work on any phone since they work on my low end LG L3. Hope this helped :)

thanks, i already have set the anims to 0.5 and enabled force gpu rendering and disabled hardware overlays. Will try the rest tomorrow :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.