[ LEAK/Discussion ] Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications/Press Renders

Search This thread

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
Unknown, at least by me. Pricing was announced for Europe, but nothing indicated for the U.S.

Reactions: tel033

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
I've got my pre-order on the Sony uk site. Can't wait. Sold my iPad Air to fund it

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jhong2

Feb 11, 2014
I want to get one of these and install it on a shower wall for the missus' birthday (she always takes her ipad into the bathroom to watch when having a shower.

However while this is waterproof, drips on the screen will cause all sorts of phantom touches.

Is there any app (or sample code) to disable the touchscreen, for example on keypress? She could then press a button while a TV show is playing and not have to worry about water touching the screen and screwing up playback.

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
I want to get one of these and install it on a shower wall for the missus' birthday (she always takes her ipad into the bathroom to watch when having a shower.

However while this is waterproof, drips on the screen will cause all sorts of phantom touches.

Is there any app (or sample code) to disable the touchscreen, for example on keypress? She could then press a button while a TV show is playing and not have to worry about water touching the screen and screwing up playback.

There is a small app built it the device that does that (blocks the touch). If it isn't pre installed, you can download it here from XDA

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

ajaffarali

Feb 7, 2005
Dubai
It's here! Ask away if you have any questions

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 135

ajaffarali

Feb 7, 2005
Dubai
Can you provide the Firmware ?!?!!

Not sure how I can but would be happy to help if you can point me towards how to do this on a mac

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Couldn't you do a video or text hands on detailing if it is fluid our with microfreezes, do gps and wifi work, what benchmark scores do you get, how fast do webpages load, etc. ?

Sent from my HTC One S

Sure. Let me use it for a few hours to give it a good go

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Not sure how I can but would be happy to help if you can point me towards how to do this on a mac

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Sure. Let me use it for a few hours to give it a good go

You probably won't be able to provide the whole firmware as just yet (not until you get a update with Sony Bridge for Mac). You can, however, use adb and do a system dump. That, for now, is more than enough for porting purposes. I will try to post a link with a tutorial for that here soon :)

Anyway, even though the Tab Z is awesome, I'm kinda jealous. Nice purchase. Hope you enjoy your device :D

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

UserX10

May 10, 2010

Trooper_Max

Jan 27, 2011
I did the maths but as far as I know the same screen can have not only other resolutions, but also different ratios... Anyway, here's my math :)

Visual comparison vs iPad:
http://www.displaywars.com/9,7-inch-4x3-vs-10,1-inch-16x10
(Love this site, you can punch in the diagonals and do a comparison)

USA availability? Any informed guesses?

I'm wondering that myself... I think I read that the first Tablet Z didn't go up for order until around the end of May in the US last year. They appear to be on a similar timeframe this year, but I'm hoping they can do better this year. I think I only want the WiFi version, so don't see what the big deal is.

Hopefully they get it out before some other shiny new tablet comes along and catches my eye... it's in their best interest!

I'm so jealous that some of y'all are already getting the new tablet and I can't even order one! :-/

~Troop

Last edited:

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I got the Z1 Compact from the U.K. Will do the same for the Z2T if it doesn't come to the U.S.A.in time (or if some other shiny new tablet didn't come along and catch my eye).

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Could you provide some screenshots of the Remote Control app? And, also, could you check if Air Conditioner is an option when setting up a new remove.

Timdb

Aug 19, 2013
Can you check if a stylus work on the display

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia Z2 Tablet / Sony SGP521 Castor Tab coming soon ;)

As per @Evleaks, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications are like this, it will feature Snapdragon 800 SoC 2.3 GHz quad core processor, 10.1" screen display with 1920x1200 resolution Triluminos for Mobile, 3GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage with external SD card slot, 8MP Rear cam and 2 MP front cam, 6000mAh battery, 6.4mm slim almost equal to Xperia Z Ultra, IP waterproof ratings and running android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.

Via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/17/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-specifications-leaked-s800-10-1-hd-screen-3gb-ram-16gb-internal-storage-6000mah-battery-8mp-rear-cam/

Sony-Xperia-Tablet-Z2-Specifications.png

[ UPDATE - 18 Feb ] New Press Renders of Xperia Z2 Tablet and Pics have been leaked.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Press-Render-Pic.png

New Xperia Z2 Tablet press render pics and specifications have been leaked by @GadgetLeaks, stating Xperia Z2 Tablet weighs 426 grams for Wi-Fi version and 439 grams for LTE model. Exact dimension of Xperia Z2 Tablet is 266 x 172 x 6.4 mm.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Pics.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Press-Renders.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-White-Pic-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Waterproof-IP-ratings.jpg

via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/18/xperia-z2-tablet-press-render-pics-leaked/
    It's here! Ask away if you have any questions
    I think he's gonna skip it because the real world advantages over the original tablet Z are minimal

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Which is basically true for every phone and tablet release for the last year or so in most situations.

Excluding a few that lagged behind in screen resolution(Samsung's Galaxy Note series for example), generally all tablets now are "fast enough" and the screen resolutions are "high enough".

Yes, higher than 1920x1200 could be a visual plus. But I'm sure Sony probably realized that for most people, it's more than high enough(I honestly can't tell the difference in quality compared to the new Galaxy Note's or even against a Nexus 10) and the cost increase it'd push would be more than what the market would bear for the device.

Much of the premium cost associated with this line is the form factor(materials used, thin/light build, water resistance) which actually drives up cost quite a bit compared to other performance oriented functions.

Most models are no longer going to be such a jump in capabilities that it demands a yearly cyclical upgrade path. I'm guessing closer to 2-3 years from here on out. Battery life is about the only remaining area where huge advancements are still necessary, but for most, the devices have reached an adequate level of performance(some users may still demand more and be willing to pay for incremental increases).

It's a reasonable jump. If it's thinner, lighter, faster and possibly a little more efficient on a similar sized battery, that's a big advancement. Plus the screen should be a bit improved in color reproduction as well.

I'm still very satisfied with my original Tablet Z, so I don't feel the need to shell out cash for an upgrade yet. Maybe in a year or so.
    But is the IPS good a triluminos display ? As they both am LCD if i am not mistaken ?

IPS is a LCD type. Triluminos is a LCD modification. Something to do with quantum dots and white backlight replaced by a blue one. It adds more colors to the range that LCD generally supports.

IPS and Triluminos can coexist. Such as with the Z1 Compact and Z Ultra, for example.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    Nice! Can you do some benchmarks (Antutu perhaps) and check for micro-freezes? Thanks.

Here in Finland delivery date is still early April.

Micro lags with the Xperia Live Wallpaper. Smooth as butter with a static wallpaper.

AnTuTo: 34492, Quadrant: 17335.