Mitel Sprint MVNO S4

Search This thread

piercednevins

Oct 27, 2007
So at work we have recently been informed that all our phones are going to be switched to Mitel (a Sprint network based MVNO). We were all going to be given S3s unless we opted to pay for an upgrade or of pocket...The upside being we own the phone if we upgrade. I opted to upgrade to the S4, but at the time they were saying "Sprint, Sprint, Sprint" so I didn't realize we were going to be on a virtually unheard of MVNO. I've rooted every single phone I've had since I bought my Google G1 back in the day, & I love the level of control it gives me. Now I'm looking around and seeing absolutely zero information about phones on Mitel....so naturally, I'm a bit concerned. I know I can root it, but am I stuck on stock touch wiz? Or is this the point at which I get to dabble in pretending to be a developer? What kind of challenges am I looking at here? thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

piercednevins

Oct 27, 2007
Well they have mitel branding on them from the pictures, but I guess I'll be finding out tomorrow when I get it! :)

piercednevins

Oct 27, 2007
Well, I thought I ought to give an update. I got the phone today, and it is a Sprint S4. Not even any Mitel branding...as far as I can tell, all the same exact phone that sprint and it.... Booklets inside even refer you to Sprint's website. It's activated but data isn't working yet. Not sure what is up with that. If it's not working tomorrow, I'm supposed to call support.