1,945 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,624

By k1mu, Senior Member on 12th December 2013, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2014, 11:59 PM |#1361  
Flag Macon
Thanks Meter: 472

More
Both. I don't know how much SafeRoot has changed since I used it, so I don't know if it still installs Busybox. If it does, it should show the custom screen upon a full reboot.

Also, just because Root Checker says you have root access, doesn't mean you actually do.. I've had that issue myself. The easiest way to know is to actually try adding or removing something to or from system/app. If it doesn't work, you don't really have root.

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4
14th March 2014, 12:01 AM |#1362  
Thanks Meter: 537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmitht

ok, i did use search, but nothing came up. Honest...

what apps, most notably VZW Bloat, on S3, Stock, are safe to freeze? Would like to at least freeze cloud stuff i don't use and don't want to keep turning off to save battery.

any help would be appreciated

FYI: easiest root method ever!

Hopefully this gives you theinfo you want. Read this: http://www.note2forum.com/forum/gala...bloatware.html

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th March 2014, 11:05 AM |#1363  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia

Donate to Me
More
The custom status is set by an application that runs after boot that scans your phone for non standard files. What indication you get of the status does depend on the carrier.
You can always look at the status in settings/about to see if it is normal or custom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
14th March 2014, 11:13 AM |#1364  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia

Donate to Me
More
Folks,
I'm starting to see a trend toward off-topic questions here. Please remember that this is a Development thread.

This thread should not be used for questions not related to rooting your phone, for example what to do next, what bloat to remove, etc.

Saferoot works on a lot of different devices and we can't answer every post-root question related to all of those devices.

If it feels like a device specific Q&A, then it probably belongs in a Q&A thread.

I'm not calling anyone out here, but I do want to focus back on topic before the mods have to step in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k1mu Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 11:11 AM |#1365  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 8

More
SELinux Permissive vs Enforcing
I have rooted my phone using Saferoot, the process was easy and well documented. BIG THANKS FOR THAT .

After root I found some apps that require root are not working due to the SELinux Enforcing mode. After searching through this forum, I could not find if the root script should have updated the SELinux mode to Permissive.

In my case, It did not and I would like to know if I can change the state to Permissive and if it would help or not.

I tried some apps, but they were not able to change the state to Permissive.

please advise.
15th March 2014, 12:52 PM |#1366  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeHoop

I have rooted my phone using Saferoot, the process was easy and well documented. BIG THANKS FOR THAT .

After root I found some apps that require root are not working due to the SELinux Enforcing mode. After searching through this forum, I could not find if the root script should have updated the SELinux mode to Permissive.

In my case, It did not and I would like to know if I can change the state to Permissive and if it would help or not.

I tried some apps, but they were not able to change the state to Permissive.

please advise.

When I used saferoot it was also still enforcing. You could try an xposed module like Wanam to set it to permissive

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
15th March 2014, 03:31 PM |#1367  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Huge thanks for throwing all of this together- WORKS PERFECT!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to senfinger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift senfinger Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 09:12 PM |#1368  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Not working on S4 ENA4
I tried this method but got the error: device not listed or supported

Im on i9505XXUENA4.

Just had device for ONE day and already freaking out because of Samsung's apps.
It's like half the battery is being used for apps I don't even want on MY(not samsung's!!) phone.

Got it with a contract for 2 years, so I don't want to trip the KNOX warranty void.

So if anyone has other ideas for the i9505XXUENA4, you're my savior.
Thanks!
15th March 2014, 11:59 PM |#1369  
Flag Medford OR
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Works on ATT Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-I467
Ran this routine on my S3 running 4.3 and worked perfectly and easily, so I grabbed my galaxy note 8.0 running 4.1.2 to see if that would work because I did not see it listed anywhere and sure enough, ROOT! Thanks!
16th March 2014, 12:17 PM |#1370  
Flag Andria
Thanks Meter: 14

More
works on samsung note 3 9005?
16th March 2014, 02:02 PM |#1371  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero17

works on samsung note 3 9005?

Try it. If it doesn't work nothing will happen. It is tottaly harmless. Knox won't be triggered. But it won't work if you are on kitkat.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, mj7, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)