By bakpinar, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th January 2011, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2014, 12:14 PM |#4301  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 8,917

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinmoyJK

Init.d was working on my phone, but after installing Link2SD, it stopped working. I reinstalled busybox and used Term-init to re-enable init.d, but got no result. Please help.

Link2SD can't cause the "stopped working" as it merely installs a script there.
More information, maybe? How did you know it was working? How did you figure out it stopped working? What do you have in your init.d directory? Etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GermainZ Ad-Free

12th March 2014, 04:41 PM |#4302  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Link2SD can't cause the "stopped working" as it merely installs a script there.
More information, maybe? How did you know it was working? How did you figure out it stopped working? What do you have in your init.d directory? Etc.

Thank you for your reply. There is a test script installed by Term-init that confirms the working init.d. There are several scripts the folder. But the "00test" is first one that runs.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#init.d test

if [ -f /data/Test.log ]; then
rm /data/Test.log
fi

echo "Init.d is working !!!" >> /data/Test.log
echo "excecuted on $(date +"%d-%m-%Y %r" )" >> /data/Test.log
I deleted "/data/Test.log", and no new file formed after reboots. The reason may be something else but, I have no idea what. Is there any way I can find out?

I have uploaded the contents of init.d(all 0777), build.prop(0644), init.rc(0750), install-recovery(0755),sysctl.conf(0644) and sysint(0755) here if you want to know more. Thanks.

Update: Nevermind, it's working now. I installed Zip_init and after 2nd reboot it worked.
12th March 2014, 04:50 PM |#4303  
Thanks Meter: 2,072

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinmoyJK

Init.d was working on my phone, but after installing Link2SD, it stopped working. I reinstalled busybox and used Term-init to re-enable init.d, but got no result. Please help.

Link2SD replaces both /system/etc/install-recovery.sh and /system/bin/debuggerd with its own script. Both of which are used to enable init.d on ROMs that don't support it natively. It also puts it in /system/etc/init.d.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9
The Following User Says Thank You to egingell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift egingell Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 11:55 AM |#4304  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I just bought the plus version, for support you @bakpinar, thank you. If I can still use my old HTC legend is possible because of you.
Chance to link dex of the system apps is really appreciate. It would be great if you could implement in next builds the possibility to link, selectively, app's data. any chance?

again thank you
14th March 2014, 03:39 PM |#4305  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 931

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_cage

I just bought the plus version, for support you @bakpinar, thank you. If I can still use my old HTC legend is possible because of you.
Chance to link dex of the system apps is really appreciate. It would be great if you could implement in next builds the possibility to link, selectively, app's data. any chance?

again thank you

Yes, I plan to add internal data linking. I also plan to add moving "external data and obb files" to external (real) SD card for devices that have emulated SD.
Thank you for your support.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bakpinar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakpinar Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 05:02 AM |#4306  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakpinar

Yes, I plan to add internal data linking. I also plan to add moving "external data and obb files" to external (real) SD card for devices that have emulated SD.
Thank you for your support.

I'm glad to hear you are implementing these features. I've been hoping they would be added. Going to buy the plus version right now. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 12:37 PM |#4307  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
unable to install link2sd
Hey dears,

I installed a new 4.1.1 rom , and I installed link2sd and all my required apps, and link2sd was working normally and I created mount script for ext2 partition. then I used lucky patcher to disable google ads. after that when I open link2sd it said uninstall link2sd and reinstall it. I uninstalled link2sd and when I tried to re-install it from google play , it says not sufficient space , I downloaded the apk file and when I'm installing it says unable to install link2sd. delete some items and try again.

I have 8.0 GB free memory !!

Any help please ?!
18th March 2014, 07:55 PM |#4308  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bogatic
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedemad

Hey dears,

I installed a new 4.1.1 rom , and I installed link2sd and all my required apps, and link2sd was working normally and I created mount script for ext2 partition. then I used lucky patcher to disable google ads. after that when I open link2sd it said uninstall link2sd and reinstall it. I uninstalled link2sd and when I tried to re-install it from google play , it says not sufficient space , I downloaded the apk file and when I'm installing it says unable to install link2sd. delete some items and try again.

Any help please ?!

Don't use LP next time

Sent from my GT-5660 using Tapatalk 2
19th March 2014, 10:20 AM |#4309  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 1,146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedemad

Hey dears,

Any help please ?!

Hmmmm...don't use LP to block ads...use Adaway....
Regarding low memory, uninstall LP then wipe cache and dalvik-cache...then install Link2SD....LP can be install after successfully mount Link2SD scripts

≫≫≫Pray For Flight MH370≪≪≪
19th March 2014, 10:24 AM |#4310  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ds app2sd lite is a much better app than link 2 sd pls give it a try

Sent from my Karbonn A30 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th March 2014, 08:21 AM |#4311  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LINK2SD error
mount script cannot be created [4]:cat::No space left on device

pls. help me on this.