FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

1,390 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,246

By Aaahh, Senior Member on 5th March 2014, 04:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2014, 09:11 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

can't flash with low battery, see my last post
which stock rom was it on? 621?

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

ran some wires from another phone - got it talking to rsd lite now.
Not sure what original rom it was on - it has been awhile since I first rooted it and don't remember what I used . But I will dig around in my folders and see if I can find something
15th March 2014, 09:22 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypoid

ran some wires from another phone - got it talking to rsd lite now.
Not sure what original rom it was on - it has been awhile since I first rooted it and don't remember what I used . But I will dig around in my folders and see if I can find something

If the battery is still too low (I AM NOT TO BLAME IF YOU FRY YOUR PHONE, YOUR HOUSE BURNS DOWN, OR THIS ADVISE KILLS YOUR KITTEN AND OR PUPPY!!!). You can get an old USB cable you don't give two ****s about (I used a cable from an old mouse), cut the end off, THAT DOES NOT CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER, strip the red and black wire, and either hold the wires to the respective battery terminal, or, if your brave such as myself, you can try putting the battery with the wires on it back into your phone. I used some molten solder to make the wires extra stiff and a paper clip to make sure the wires didn't move around. After all that is done, just plug the two cables (the one going to the battery and the one for charging/transfer) into your computer and you'll be good to go.

This works by more or less powering the phone out right, the cable tip you can buy does much the same, but if your broke or low on time, it may save your ass.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shuudoushi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shuudoushi Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 09:32 AM |#503  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuudoushi

If the battery is still too low (I AM NOT TO BLAME IF YOU FRY YOUR PHONE, YOUR HOUSE BURNS DOWN, OR THIS ADVISE KILLS YOUR KITTEN AND OR PUPPY!!!). You can get an old USB cable you don't give two ****s about (I used a cable from an old mouse), cut the end off, THAT DOES NOT CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER, strip the red and black wire, and either hold the wires to the respective battery terminal, or, if your brave such as myself, you can try putting the battery with the wires on it back into your phone. I used some molten solder to make the wires extra stiff and a paper clip to make sure the wires didn't move around. After all that is done, just plug the two cables (the one going to the battery and the one for charging/transfer) into your computer and you'll be good to go.

This works by more or less powering the phone out right, the cable tip you can buy does much the same, but if your broke or low on time, it may save your ass.

yes this i basically what I did with another phone - ran wires from that phone plugged in to the droidx so it is powering it okay now. Ha ha - if you saw my place and all the wires going everywhere you would know I am not worried by this dinky 3.7 volt phone battery thing. ( famous last words ?) . Anyway I am trying to find the correct sbf file to flash into it - but about bedtime so might wait till tomorrow - very late here now.
I think I may have rooted this with disk method . Don't remember. I collect a bunch of old phones people toss so have rooted lots of stuff - usually spend too many hours on it too ! Fun stuff though - I think !
15th March 2014, 03:01 PM |#504  
Quote:

yes this i basically what I did with another phone - ran wires from that phone plugged in to the droidx so it is powering it okay now. Ha ha - if you saw my place and all the wires going everywhere you would know I am not worried by this dinky 3.7 volt phone battery thing. ( famous last words ?) . Anyway I am trying to find the correct sbf file to flash into it - but about bedtime so might wait till tomorrow - very late here now.
I think I may have rooted this with disk method . Don't remember. I collect a bunch of old phones people toss so have rooted lots of stuff - usually spend too many hours on it too ! Fun stuff though - I think !

use 4.5.605 or 4.5.621 sbf
if phone was on 621 that is only one you can use
which custom rom, or root method does not matter
links to all SBFs in my list

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote:

this is one of the few ways you can brick the droid x, or at least short out the internal charging

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 05:14 PM |#505  

More
Quote:

use 4.5.605 or 4.5.621 sbf
if phone was on 621 that is only one you can use
which custom rom, or root method does not matter
links to all SBFs in my list

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

this is one of the few ways you can brick the droid x, or at least short out the internal charging

Success ! sbf loaded up and there is life again . Says system version 4.5.621.mb810 . I only use it on wifi so don't care if phone works or not. Now I will go back to beginning steps on this page and start over and see what happens. Thanks again for all the help on this.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:

Success ! sbf loaded up and there is life again . Says system version 4.5.621.mb810 . I only use it on wifi so don't care if phone works or not. Now I will go back to beginning steps on this page and start over and see what happens. Thanks again for all the help on this.

Success again - CM 11-20140314 and gapps installed . And last night I thought the Droid X was done for !
15th March 2014, 05:38 PM |#506  
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Success again - CM 11-20140314 and gapps installed . And last night I thought the Droid X was done for !

Just don't flash with low battery, you do not want to hot wire the phone, very risky

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 06:27 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:

Just don't flash with low battery, you do not want to hot wire the phone, very risky

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Agreed, but it is useful info to have.
15th March 2014, 06:31 PM |#508  
Quote:

Agreed, but it is useful info to have.

not worth the risk, when you can get a $5 spare battery charger, imo

The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 08:29 PM |#509  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,246

More
I'm almost done with my app, 2.5/4 buttons done, It would help along the way by skiping some steps for you...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aaahh Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 10:16 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Thumbs up Great news!
Thanks to everyone working on the CM 11 KitKat Rom for the Droid X. This is great news that there is a working KitKat rom for the old DX.
I really like my DX and am glad that there is new life for it. Really anticipating the finished product of this rom. I am currently running Liberty 3v2.0 rom and it is very stable with decent battery life, but I am tired of Gingerbread! Need something new, and this looks like it fits the bill!
Installed fine using the instructions with this post. Gapps worked fine. Rom very quick and responsive, and love the blue wallpaper!
Okay, here are the bugs:
No data (obviously)
When phone plugged into laptop, it goes into reboot when I try to go back to home screen.
Bluetooth turns on but quickly turns back off (did not stay on long enough for me to try and see if it would connect).
Don't know of anything else.
Although I do like the potential of this rom, I use my DX as my daily driver so I had to go back to Liberty.
However, when CM 11 is fully functional, I plan to quickly reinstall it.
Droid X is a beast of a phone! Very solid and durable phone! If I get a fully functional KitKat working on it, I plan on using my DX until it dies and then get another one.
Great work Aaahh and m.ksy and everyone working on this CM11 project!
The Following User Says Thank You to classic757 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift classic757 Ad-Free
15th March 2014, 10:58 PM |#511  
Flag Rivne, Ukraine
Thanks Meter: 1,139

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic757

Thanks to everyone working on the CM 11 KitKat Rom for the Droid X. This is great news that there is a working KitKat rom for the old DX.
I really like my DX and am glad that there is new life for it. Really anticipating the finished product of this rom. I am currently running Liberty 3v2.0 rom and it is very stable with decent battery life, but I am tired of Gingerbread! Need something new, and this looks like it fits the bill!
Installed fine using the instructions with this post. Gapps worked fine. Rom very quick and responsive, and love the blue wallpaper!
Okay, here are the bugs:
No data (obviously)
When phone plugged into laptop, it goes into reboot when I try to go back to home screen.
Bluetooth turns on but quickly turns back off (did not stay on long enough for me to try and see if it would connect).
Don't know of anything else.
Although I do like the potential of this rom, I use my DX as my daily driver so I had to go back to Liberty.
However, when CM 11 is fully functional, I plan to quickly reinstall it.
Droid X is a beast of a phone! Very solid and durable phone! If I get a fully functional KitKat working on it, I plan on using my DX until it dies and then get another one.
Great work Aaahh and m.ksy and everyone working on this CM11 project!

@Aaahh, who said that there are no reboots and bluetooth is working?
On my test phone I also get reboots some time on wake up and BT doesn't want turn on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11 4.4 kitkat, droidx

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)