FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Baseband] ALL T999, T999L, T999V, T999N Modems! w/ MAP and Data Tweaks!

9,409 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,926

By DocHoliday77, Senior Member on 11th September 2012, 07:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2014, 07:03 PM |#781  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

You read correct. You are stuck with MK4.

Thanks Perseus,
So is there any danger in my attempting: 1) Kies to get back to stock, 2) Root66 from DocHolliday77 (which is the most current root66, anyway?), 3) any of the CM ROMs? Basically, what scenario will I brick my phone, if I'm using only T999L/N?

And any thoughts on what on earth could be causing such poor net perf? Almost Edge speeds.Do you have a suggestion for the best kernel/rom/etc combo that should be ideally stable for net testing?
Thanks,
Adam

26th February 2014, 01:44 AM |#782  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 8,400

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsa

Thanks Perseus,
So is there any danger in my attempting: 1) Kies to get back to stock, 2) Root66 from DocHolliday77 (which is the most current root66, anyway?), 3) any of the CM ROMs? Basically, what scenario will I brick my phone, if I'm using only T999L/N?

And any thoughts on what on earth could be causing such poor net perf? Almost Edge speeds.Do you have a suggestion for the best kernel/rom/etc combo that should be ideally stable for net testing?
Thanks,
Adam

So long you use T999LUVUBMK4 for both Kies and Doc's Root66 link, you are safe. Any other versions (Either Kies or Root66) prior to that will hard brick your phone. Where bad speeds are concerned, Please read Post # 3 carefully end to end. Follow the tweaks as well.

As to the Rom & Kernel Combo, any AOSP Roms potentially will have better speeds provided you have correct APN Set as default. I personally use SlimKat Rom and KT747 Kernel.
5th March 2014, 06:03 AM |#783  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I Odin'd back to root66 MK4 stock and am still having less than 1mbps with this T999L.
Anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be happening? The prop edits are for tuning, but we're talking about less than 10% of estimated speed - not even getting 3g it seems.

Thanks!
Adam
5th March 2014, 05:17 PM |#784  
Flag New London
Thanks Meter: 887

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsa

So I Odin'd back to root66 MK4 stock and am still having less than 1mbps with this T999L.
Anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be happening? The prop edits are for tuning, but we're talking about less than 10% of estimated speed - not even getting 3g it seems.

Thanks!
Adam

Check your usage and make sure you sent being throttled?

Beyond that, I would call customer care.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th March 2014, 09:13 AM |#785  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I have a T999 and have the UVDMD5 baseband without the KNOX bootloader. If I upgrade to the UVUEMJC baseband, will that install the KNOX bootloader?
6th March 2014, 01:42 PM |#786  
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by good223

I have a T999 and have the UVDMD5 baseband without the KNOX bootloader. If I upgrade to the UVUEMJC baseband, will that install the KNOX bootloader?

If you install MJC from Op then it will not install Knox. I have been running that way for 4 months now.
16th March 2014, 09:26 PM |#787  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Marcos, Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,233

More
SGH-T999 ONLY:
Latest UVUENC2 Modem: Modem Only
Feel free to repackage to your liking if you decide to add it to the OP and whatnot, Doc.
I don't pay much attention to vendor stuff, but the discussion here urged me to go ahead and pick apart the firmware (just in case the modem itself had been updated to address issues in the mentioned blog post).
I've also made a firmware package (based on @mnasledov 's MD5 zip).[flash back to older firmware at your discretion]
UVUENC2 firmware
(If you're not on 4.3 firmware yet, save yourself. If you're already on Knox fw go for it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnasledov

What are these firmware files?

• rpm.mbn - Resources and Power Manager
  • sbl2.mbn - Part of Secondary Bootloader
  • sbl3.mbn - Part of Secondary Bootloader
  • aboot.mbn - AP Bootloader
  • tz.mbn - Trust Zone
  • NON-HLOS.bin - Modem / Radio

Instructions:
(1) Put this .zip file on the root of your sdcard.
(2) Reboot to recovery
(3) Choose .zip file from sdcard and select this file and flash it.
(4) Reboot and you're done. I didn't find any wiping of any kind necessary.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Synthetic.Nightmare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Synthetic.Nightmare Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 02:39 AM |#788  
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic.Nightmare

SGH-T999 ONLY:
Latest UVUENC2 Modem: Modem Only
Feel free to repackage to your liking if you decide to add it to the OP and whatnot, Doc.
I don't pay much attention to vendor stuff, but the discussion here urged me to go ahead and pick apart the firmware (just in case the modem itself had been updated to address issues in the mentioned blog post).
I've also made a firmware package (based on @mnasledov 's MD5 zip).[flash back to older firmware at your discretion]
UVUENC2 firmware

I am not sure @DocHoliday77 is monitoring this thread. He had RL issues AFAIK. I will see what can be done with this modem including testing.

Did you try the firmware itself ?
17th March 2014, 03:51 AM |#789  
Flag San Marcos, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

I am not sure @DocHoliday77 is monitoring this thread. He had RL issues AFAIK. I will see what can be done with this modem including testing.

Did you try the firmware itself ?

Ah I see. Well I wish him all the best, hope it's not anything too bad. Just thought I'd bring it up in case he ends up coming up again.
And yup. Everything I release on this site is usually tested by at least myself unless I let you know otherwise. Both should work just fine on T999.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synthetic.Nightmare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Synthetic.Nightmare Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 04:24 AM |#790  
Flag San Bruno, CA
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic.Nightmare

Thanks! Though I'd like to actively discourage people from upgrading to KNOX-enabled firmwares -- there is currently no way to de-KNOX a phone with a KNOX-enabled bootloader.

There's a lot of discussion about KNOX that I'll leave out of here. It seems people can run CyanogenMod and what-not with KNOX-enabled firmware just fine. It does trip a "KNOX Warranty Void" flag we can't clear but from some recent discussion I read on the subject, some people argue it's the warranty on the KNOX security, not the warranty on the phone.

Caveat Emptor!!! Flashing just the modem is completely fine, though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mnasledov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mnasledov Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 04:30 AM |#791  
Flag San Marcos, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnasledov

Thanks! Though I'd like to actively discourage people from upgrading to KNOX-enabled firmwares -- there is currently no way to de-KNOX a phone with a KNOX-enabled bootloader.

There's a lot of discussion about KNOX that I'll leave out of here. It seems people can run CyanogenMod and what-not with KNOX-enabled firmware just fine. It does trip a "KNOX Warranty Void" flag we can't clear but from some recent discussion I read on the subject, some people argue it's the warranty on the KNOX security, not the warranty on the phone.

Caveat Emptor!!! Flashing just the modem is completely fine, though.

True.
And although I'm not aware of any immediate benefits of updating, I also don't see the harm if you're already KNOX'd and want to give the latest firmware a try. I moreso posted it in case anyone wanted to pick apart the firmware without having to dl the full update package (including system, cache, et al)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, galaxy s3, modem, radio, t999

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)