Combined Nav/StatusBar from old Tablet UI on Nexus 7?

Search This thread

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Hello everyone

I have found the layout of the tablet to be irritating in some ways at times. I really would love it if there was some way to get the older combined navigation and status bar at the. bottom of the screen with the nav bar over towards the left side and the clock and whatnot on the right side. I'm sure you all are aware of this layout by now or have at least seen it before.

example like this:
for http://tablet-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/GTab2.jpg

So I'm curious. instead of having a layout that simply looks like a big phone, can one get that older combined style on the Nexus 7 (2013) while still keeping its normal functionality like the quick settings tiles etc.

thanks.
sorry I'm passing out writing this so hope its all makes sense...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
I heard that. I know a bunch of people were complaining when it was revealed that that was what Google decided to for the kit kat release. As I saw in a post from a while back on android authority among other sites.

So that being said, and apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way, it would seem there is some type of mod or xposed module or something that brings back this functionality. Maybe even a mod that was done on another device/kitkat ROM that could possibly be ported to the Nexus. Etc.
No such thing at this point?

I suppose I could always get a JellyBean ROM. I wonder what I should expect to lose by downgrading. I'll have to read up on the KitKat features not included in JellyBean and make a decision if it comes to that and there really is no mods.

Its a hard thing to search for, as I don't know how to refer to this UI. Apparently there is no name that differentiates the UI from the new KitKat UI, which is why I made this post.

Thanks Dexxon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app