16th March 2014, 07:00 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,425

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidForLife33

I was able to get Viper running on Google play music app but not on stock. I not sure why I changed the build prop saved and rebooted. I do like how clear the sound is tho.

Did you install it as a system or data app?

There was a new version available a few days ago. Sorry, I forgot to post a note here. Changelog reads:

Quote:

Note: FX v2.3.2.5 onwards:
1. Fully support x86 platform, but not fully optimised yet. (Using VHS+/Convolver may increase battery usage)
2. Fully support true octa-core devices.
3. Correctly-installed Busybox is required before installing V4A.

If you see V4A installation pop-up loop, its probably due to incomplete root.
FX version: v2.3.2.6 (2.3.2.5 hotfix)
1.Bug fix.
2.New LPA detection feature.
3.Improve driver performance.
4.New profile format.
5.USB/Dock effect fully supported.
6.x86(Atom/Core i3/i5/i7) platform fully supported.
7.True octa-core fully supported.
8.Improve audio quality for super audio quality driver.
9.New navigation drawer ui mode.
10.Fix dynamic system.
11.A lot of improvements.
12.Fix profile load and save issue (2.3.2.5).
13.New app icon, great thanks to YanYangFeiXue.

Ensure that your Busybox is current (v 1.22.1). I just installed this version (clean system install, naturally...it's only 3 reboots folks) and WOW!!! V4A just keeps getting better and better! It's working flawlessly on stock self-debloated, modded ROM. I've tested with GoneMAD Music Player for .mp3s on the sdcard, streaming with Google Play Music, and sdcard movie with MX Player. It's quite an impressive update for something that sounded so good already!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-16-00-49-42.png
Views:	232
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	2633200  

16th March 2014, 01:25 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

Did you install it as a system or data app?

There was a new version available a few days ago. Sorry, I forgot to post a note here. Changelog reads:

Ensure that your Busybox is current (v 1.22.1). I just installed this version (clean system install, naturally...it's only 3 reboots folks) and WOW!!! V4A just keeps getting better and better! It's working flawlessly on stock self-debloated, modded ROM. I've tested with GoneMAD Music Player for .mp3s on the sdcard, streaming with Google Play Music, and sdcard movie with MX Player. It's quite an impressive update for something that sounded so good already!

I installed it from the market so it installed as a data app. I'll move it to the system apps and change permission and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidForLife33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroidForLife33 Ad-Free
16th March 2014, 02:03 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
I did a clean install. Put app in system. It still not processing with the stock music player.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1394975032717.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2633515  
16th March 2014, 03:47 PM |#74  
Flag City of Brotherly Love
Thanks Meter: 748

More
Followed the OP and all went well. It works fine on 3rd party players, but not with Stock player. I have read some N3 threads that say it does work with Stock player, is this true? I am stock rooted and can not get it to work on stock player.
17th March 2014, 01:35 AM |#75  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I installed it from the market so it installed as a data app. I'll move it to the system apps and change permission and see what happens.

Quote:

I did a clean install. Put app in system. It still not processing with the stock music player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade

Followed the OP and all went well. It works fine on 3rd party players, but not with Stock player. I have read some N3 threads that say it does work with Stock player, is this true? I am stock rooted and can not get it to work on stock player.

Guys, I'm not sure what to say on this one as I removed the stock music player as part of my debloating. As philly confirmed, it works perfectly on other players. I use GoneMAD, Pandora, Google Play Music, and iHeartRadio currently. I've used Neutron and PowerAmp and all of them work. Did you guys do the build.prop edits?

My current homescreen with Play Music and GoneMAD widgets and my Media folder:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-16-19-32-00.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	2634378  
17th March 2014, 01:39 AM |#76  
Flag City of Brotherly Love
Thanks Meter: 748

More
I did do the build prop edits. I found it strange that some say that they have it working on stock player when it does not support it. Thought I was missing some thing. Either way, it works beautifully with all my 3 party players.

Sent from One Bad Ass Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to phillymade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phillymade Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 03:00 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade

I did do the build prop edits. I found it strange that some say that they have it working on stock player when it does not support it. Thought I was missing some thing. Either way, it works beautifully with all my 3 party players.

Sent from One Bad Ass Note 3

I never got it working on stock either. Works great with any of the 3rd party apps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjh68 Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 03:58 AM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
It works for me on stock. I am using busy box, installed as system app and followed the directions to a t. Even works over blue tooth since I stream in the car or with headsets. This is the best.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

By stock I mean stock music player and on cleanrom

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to manatti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manatti Ad-Free
17th March 2014, 10:55 AM |#79  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatti

By stock I mean stock music player and on cleanrom

Perhaps this has something to do with it. Maybe there were changes in the CleanROM that make the functionality possible. Are the rest of you that can't get it to work with stock player on custom ROMs? If so, which one?
18th March 2014, 08:50 AM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

Perhaps this has something to do with it. Maybe there were changes in the CleanROM that make the functionality possible. Are the rest of you that can't get it to work with stock player on custom ROMs? If so, which one?

I couldn't get the stock player to work on either baja or Hyperdrive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
20th March 2014, 08:11 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68

I couldn't get the stock player to work on either baja or Hyperdrive.

Does anyone else have the stock player running on CleanROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sound mod, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)