Voice Dial Removed! WTF?

Search This thread

PhoTonic

Oct 1, 2006
Why in Gods name do they remove Voice Dialing? Thats like removing sms availability. Anyway to install this back?

Free Man

Nov 3, 2009
I agree voice dialing is a core function for all "Smart" phones, look how long iPhone users had to beg to get it, but at least they have it now. The irony is that HTC has had and included voice dialing in almost all there phones for two years or more now and this wonderful phone is missing it.

I for one really need it, not want, need it and did not realize it did not come included and from reading the forums there are no good compatible software packages that reliably work (for voice dialing over bluetooth devices).

I specifically need a.) voice dialing and b.) voice dialing over bluetooth support.

HTC has let a lot of users down here, there are a half a dozen posts in this forum already concerning the lack of voice and reliable voice dialing over bluetooth. I recommend you put in a support ticket to add this functionality to the phone, they could add it via a new ROM or software update if enough people request it!

Free Man

Nov 3, 2009
I disagree, on their flagship phone I believe they will listen to a flood of requests for this functionality. Even Apple does that much, HTC is a far more focused company and this would not be hard to support or add.

One other problem is that there are currently no products that run properly on the HD2 from 3rd parties, at least not that I have found. That includes Microsoft's Voice Commander, which is outdated for starters.

Put in a support request folks, let's get the ball rolling. I have already done so and the local rep did say he will bring it to the table during their next conference call.

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
Voice Dialing on HD2 works like a charm

guys - my HD2 works with Voice Dialing perfectly!
i am using the old Cyberon software
btw - i always replaced any other with this one as it is the best
the version is 1.2
it works like charm and never fails

the only problem i have is that i had to assign a shortcut to it as the keymapping is missing (HTS ?)
i mean the phone long press key assigning
in HD2 there is no available key - any one can help on this ?

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
of course - please find attached.
i got it somewhere here i think long time ago so now it comes back :)

anyone with solution / idea as per assigning the button to long call (green) press ? or other hardware button ?

Attachments

• CyberonVoiceSpeedDial_1_2_b080227_0R3.cab
    311.1 KB · Views: 2,962

Henry_Lee

Jan 1, 2008
of course - please find attached.
i got it somewhere here i think long time ago so now it comes back :)

anyone with solution / idea as per assigning the button to long call (green) press ? or other hardware button ?

Thankyou. :)
But I have not idea how possible to assign hardware button in HD2. :(
I've used someone apllication for my HTC Cruise, but I don't remember how his named and not sure that is appl will be useful for WM6.5....

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
anyone with solution / idea as per assigning the button to long call (green) press ?

Yes mate - this works with most shortcuts too!

With file explorer, go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and copy the voice dialer shortcut. Go back a couple of levels to the \Windows folder and paste it there. Locate the shortcut (should be at the very bottom of the file list) and rename it to long_send

That shortcut gets executed when you hold the call send button, and like I said, you can do it with most shortcuts.

Works for me :)

mohamedmall

Dec 3, 2006
HTC's response

QUOTE=PhoTonic;5094757]Why in Gods name do they remove Voice Dialing? Thats like removing sms availability. Anyway to install this back?[/QUOTE]

Yeah,
I logged a support call with them, here's their response:

"With regards to voice recognition software, microsoft havn't updated the core program for this as is only compatible with windows mobile 6.0, until this happens there is no voice recognition software."

Feaking ridiculous, How can you have a high end phone with no voicedial features. I know that users at xda will find a way around the lack of voice speed dial, however for HTC to have left it out of the official ROM is unacceptable!:mad:

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
thanks pals, i found another solution - a patch as a cab that enabled the long press. now only the BT activation is left out but found a version that claims to do it...
will check

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
Voice Speed Dialing - final all over working solution

ok - as promissed - this is a full working solution:
works with a long press call button
works with BT (!!!)
you can even backup and restore voice tags so no need to re-record if you format etc
fully tested and i am glad as this is the most critical app i use - phone and voice dialing as i spend lots of time in the car

Attachments

• CVSD_1.2_build_61226_1_BTHeadsetFixed.cab
    632.9 KB · Views: 2,013

vindiesel

Mar 17, 2007
It doesnt work for me with my bt-headset.
I cannot even record the voice with it. When I try to, the number is being called.

dosher

Dec 11, 2008
Bath
Thanks a lot for posting this cab. After installing it I added some voice tags but could not get the BT headset to activate the app. I then uninstalled Microsoft Voice Commander (which has never worked for me on the HD2) and did a soft reset. Voice tags had gone so recorded new ones. This app now works with my BT headset.

leodr99

Dec 30, 2008
Lisbon
works with BT (!!!)
you can even backup and restore voice tags so no need to re-record if you format etc
fully tested and i am glad as this is the most critical app i use - phone and voice dialing as i spend lots of time in the car

M8!! u r a life saver!!!! Kudos 2 u!!!!
all is working fine, with the HTC BH M300.

HTC!!! see.... why didn't you folks included something like this, from the getgo!?!? :mad:

davecurtain

Jul 12, 2007
works with BT (!!!)

Work like a charm:) Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Free Man

Nov 3, 2009
Cool, not being near my phone at the moment...I have some quick questions:

1. Does the long press to the call button have anything assigned to it by default already?

2. Can you still use voice activated dialing through a bluetooth headset without first running Cyberon or this app?

3. Do you have to install the Cyberon app to main memory or can you install it to your SD card instead to save overhead?

4. I see there are two versions of the Cyberon app, Voice Dialer and Voice Commander...It looks like you don't have to make voice tags for commander and it controls more than just calling contacts out of the box, while voice dialer simply creates a voice tag and dials that contact...Am I right? Have you guys used both of these, which do you prefer?

5. I just want to confirm, you can use a bluetooth headset and push the voice button and speak a voice tag and that will automatically activate and call that contact correct? This is what I need while in the car, not just picking up a call via a bluetooth device!

6. Zeevg...That second cab you uploaded, CVSD...What exactly is that? Is that just a newer version of Cyber that allows you to map a long key to voice dialing functionality or do I still need to install the first cab posted here, then install that one as well? It appears that this file is a better working copy to replace the original one uploaded here. If so does it automatically map the long key to the call button or do you assign it within the Cyber interface?

Thanks!

works with BT (!!!)

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
It works great....

Cannot thank you enough man...
Should be sticky though i am afraid this thread will not be on for long...

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
look for my comments within your questions :)

Cool, not being near my phone at the moment...I have some quick questions:

1. Does the long press to the call button have anything assigned to it by default already?

ZeevG> when you get the HD2 new there is nothing there and you can't even assign a button/app to it as it is blocked.

2. Can you still use voice activated dialing through a bluetooth headset without first running Cyberon or this app?

ZeevG> no. you must install this app first to enable voice dialing / long press / BT - no worries as you did not have anything else assigned to this button before. this can also launce apps not just dialing you can assign a voice tag to launce any app installed on your device

3. Do you have to install the Cyberon app to main memory or can you install it to your SD card instead to save overhead?

ZeevG> this version allows you to select - i installed it to Storage Card. all other versions forces installation to main memory

4. I see there are two versions of the Cyberon app, Voice Dialer and Voice Commander...It looks like you don't have to make voice tags for commander and it controls more than just calling contacts out of the box, while voice dialer simply creates a voice tag and dials that contact...Am I right? Have you guys used both of these, which do you prefer?

ZeevG> these are two different apps... i use Voice Dialing...

5. I just want to confirm, you can use a bluetooth headset and push the voice button and speak a voice tag and that will automatically activate and call that contact correct? This is what I need while in the car, not just picking up a call via a bluetooth device!

ZeevG> yes mate - this is EXACTLY what i meant. i use it for all my calls. in HD2 you can even select is the voice respond from the device will go to the BT or be sound from speaker

6. Zeevg...That second cab you uploaded, CVSD...What exactly is that? Is that just a newer version of Cyber that allows you to map a long key to voice dialing functionality or do I still need to install the first cab posted here, then install that one as well? It appears that this file is a better working copy to replace the original one uploaded here. If so does it automatically map the long key to the call button or do you assign it within the Cyber interface?

ZeevG> the seconf post CVSD... is the solved app for all so no need for anything else, just throw it all away and install this one. this is NOT the latest version it is one before latest but no real diff... other than it works for all options :)

Thanks!

ZeevG> as much as may want to the credits for this solution is not mine at all other than putting it back here. as said earlier i found it long time ago here and now i am being the "public archive" and putting it back - ENJOY !!