[REQ] USB ext WIFI Dongles driver modules into 4.3/4.4 kernel

Search This thread

nebular

Jan 10, 2010
Hi! I was wondering if it was possible (it probably is) to merge ralink drivers into some i9300 kernel to make an eventual USB external Wifi adapter. More in detail, the modules i think would be mostly useful are the RT2080 ones, even i need specifically the rt3070 one. I saw that this was already done on Nexus7 devices, and wanted to ask if some dev could do this or some tips on how to do it by myself. Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

nebular

Jan 10, 2010
Hi! I was wondering if it was possible (it probably is) to merge ralink drivers into some i9300 kernel to make an eventual USB external Wifi adapter. More in detail, the modules i think would be mostly useful are the RT2080 ones, even i need specifically the rt3070 one. I saw that this was already done on Nexus7 devices, and wanted to ask if some dev could do this or some tips on how to do it by myself. Thank you

EDIT 22/03
So i found out the xda-dev app Module Loader. Injected rt3070sta.ko module and successfully mounted my Zyxel NWD2105 Wifi dongle. But it seems phone doesnt care. I m on Slimkat 4.4 v3.8 on i9300. The question is: how do i now become able to use the dongle?

Equal1zer

Jun 24, 2010
Istanbul

EDIT 22/03
So i found out the xda-dev app Module Loader. Injected rt3070sta.ko module and successfully mounted my Zyxel NWD2105 Wifi dongle. But it seems phone doesnt care. I m on Slimkat 4.4 v3.8 on i9300. The question is: how do i now become able to use the dongle?

You must boot from a linux distrubiton such as backtrack. But there is no native way that i know for doing that. Although there is one solution that you run linux background and connect to it by vnc viewer. Take a look at this

tyrantut

Jun 12, 2008
I built a few kernels for 4.3 and 4.4 with these modules, but the problem is once I built the kernel I lost the ability to mount the ext4 SD to be available within android. Only adb can see it.

What do you see in lsusb, or dmesg when you plug it in?

nebular

Jan 10, 2010
simply nothing. my rt3070 device is not even recognized by phone (i9300 with 4.4.4 Slimkat) after inserting specific .ko modules