So, I've been trying to return my HTC one to stock (hk version; CID: HTC__622; modelid: PN0714000) and got into trouble. I used to have CM 10.2 with TWRP recovery. So I used TWRP to install what I thought was a stock ROM (not sure if I'm using the terms right) My current situation, in gist:
(1) Can only load into bootloader, if reboot normally then I get htc splash screen then black screen. -->Refuses to boot into the operating system!!!!!! All I get is the htc flash screen then the black screen until eternity (or I force reboot it by holding vol down and power button under strong light-- tip I got from these parts)
(2) Bootloader (top of) reads "tampered" (which I'm least concerned with) and "relocked"
(at one point it said "security warning" as well… but then that disappeared-- see below)
(3) I cannot use adb via either my Mac/ Windows, I have downloaded google SDK and updated HTC drivers on both machines-- adb devices command simply does not register my phone
(4) atm I am only communicating to my phone via fastboot commands… of which I know next to nth except what are commonly found in these forums…
(5) My machine is still S-off. Before my troubles, it was hboot 1.54, after messing around with it, it's now 1.55 if that makes any difference.
I desperate need my phone for the working week…. PLEASE HELP!!!
FYI: I'm on a Mac, but I do have access to a Windows machine running Windows 7
What I have done so far:-
(1) So I was trying to get back to stock, right? First thing I did was used HTC1guru's Guru reset. The ROM I installed was actually for the Asia WWE variant.
Anyway, so I installed it, and it worked, to the extent that I could get OTA notifications and downloaded the update. But HTC could not verify it and did not allow me to install the update. Because I wanted the Kitkat update, I looked up the net to see what could be the problem.
(2) The next mistake I made (probably a mistake) was to think that I had to relock the bootloader. So I did that. Now my Bootloader is relocked and I cannot, for the life of me unlock it again (I've tried going through the HTC dev steps and flashing the new Unlock_code.bin again but I can't unlock it)
At this point, the bootloader also read "security warning" under "relocked"
Subsequent to relocking it, I can't get into my operating system anymore. The only 2 outcomes I get on reboot are (1) HTC splash screen followed by black screen; OR (2) bootloader (if I do power + vol down)
(3) As one 'brilliant' idea followed another 'brilliant' idea, I also did the following list of silly and probably mistaken things our of sheer desperation. Throwing the kitchen sink in really. But none of them really worked because they all say sign not verified or sth to that effect-- I honestly am beginning to forget the order in which things unfolded… but if that's relevant, let me know and I'll try to recall more details.
(a) flash a recovery.img (stock, for both Asia WWE and HK version which I found on the web; and also TWRP)
(b) flash boot.img from Asia WWE
(c )tried rumrunner (can't do because adb won't work)
My latest attempt has been flash oem reboot RUU (then used zip of HK version 1.29.708 Rom zip)
and my phone is now stuck at the grey HTC on black background screen one gets after the first reboot RUU command (terminal has not prompted me to enter a second rebootRUU command yet!)
I don't know what to do. I don't even know if I should unplug the phone and redo the rebootRUU thing…