Thanks Meter: 65

By copekyle, Senior Member on 11th March 2014, 01:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2014, 02:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster

Does anyone know what cable you would need to connect the One to an AppRadio 3? I'm thinking of getting the model without the CD/DVD drive (why do I need those anyway since I have a smartphone?) and I'm confused over whether I need the $30 CD-MU200 or the more expensive kit.

Do you have an AppRadio 2 or 3? The AR2 only outputs 500mA, which is not enough to run power-hungry phones. I've heard there are adapters that connect to the cigarette lighter that will boost the power to the phone. AR3 has an output of 1000mA, so hopefully it wouldn't have those problems.

I agree, the App Radio 3 is the way to go. And for instant gratification have it price matched from Sonic Electronics at Best Buy. You need ARUnchained which is on this forum to completely mirror the phone but with Tasker, and Lightning launcher you can do some beautiful things with it.

As for the battery drain and the snow, these two things go and and hand. I had the same problem and it was fixed by using the android kit from Pioneer. The Radio's USB only outputs 0.5vdc rather than the 2vdc Pioneer does. I have no issues with charting, however Waze keeps the battery at a steady number and no additional charging will accrue.

20th March 2014, 04:26 AM |#12  
Flag the oc
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Correct to the aboves. Do not use the supplied power from the hu. Mind you the app radio was originally for the iFart which only needed 500mah power. We need mo power. So use a different power source. I found at Frys electronics a 2 usb outlet car 12v plug that has 3.1ah for tablets and 1ah for phones. I used the 3.1 without issue. Make sure you also have the app screen standby for root installed. It'll save power by keeping phones screen off.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)