[MOD][TouchWiz] Disable Samsung MissedEvent Widget

Search This thread

invano

Dec 8, 2007
Italy
Disable Samsung MissedEvent Widget
*This module is meant for Samsung TouchWiz ROMs

This module disables the Samsung stock widget for missed calls/sms that shows in lockscreen.

It has been tested on Galaxy S4 with KitKat but it should works with previous versions of Android.

Download
Available on Xposed Repository

Source Code
It is open source. Available on GitHub

Write here if you have any problem!
:eek:

ayoubij

Jan 28, 2013
Tripoli

This module disables the Samsung stock widget for missed calls/sms that shows in lockscreen.

It has been tested on Galaxy S4 with KitKat but it should works with previous versions of Android.

Download

Source Code

Thanks bro for making touchwiz modules !

can you make a module that removes the date that appears when viewing the photos in the stock gallery ? That would be really useful.
thanks.

Walter.White

Nov 28, 2013
@invano you are my hero.

Ever since I upgraded to KitKat there are 3 modules that I missed.

1. Maximize widgets on lockscreen:- Source

2. Multiple Widgets and Camera on secure lockscreen:- Source

3. Disable Samsung Notifications Widget:- Source

Now I don't have to worry about #3 since you made this awesome module :good::good:

But is there anyway you can make #2 compatible with KK? (After installation I get option to add widgets on secured lockscreen but they wont stick..so it looks there needs to minor code changes to make it compatible with KK)

And also #1 was made compatible with KK a while ago but it would be awesome if you could look at the source and see if you can make any improvements to it :)

invano

Dec 8, 2007
Italy
But is there anyway you can make #2 compatible with KK? (After installation I get option to add widgets on secured lockscreen but they wont stick..so it looks there needs to minor code changes to make it compatible with KK)

And also #1 was made compatible with KK a while ago but it would be awesome if you could look at the source and see if you can make any improvements to it :)

Don't worry, they will be KK compatible. It's just matter of time I think.

Reactions: Tordp

wilflare

Sep 28, 2013
is there any other way to disable this? I remember on JB I did not install such a module

---------- Post added 19th March 2014 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 18th March 2014 at 11:41 PM ----------

@invano just to check.. I see that you use DashClock as your lockscreen widget.. are you able to swipe left to add more widgets.?

can we remove the add more widgets screen?

invano

Dec 8, 2007
Italy
is there any other way to disable this? I remember on JB I did not install such a module

---------- Post added 19th March 2014 at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 18th March 2014 at 11:41 PM ----------

@invano just to check.. I see that you use DashClock as your lockscreen widget.. are you able to swipe left to add more widgets.?

can we remove the add more widgets screen?

I made this module because there is no possibility to disable the samsung widget a part from modifying some smali code.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
thanks! hmm. actually uninstalling the SPlannerKeyguardWidget.apk works too. on KitKat at least.

If your module can allow us to remove the add widget screen... it would be awesome

actually its " KeyguardSPlannerWidget"....but thanks for this info....been trying to get rid of that

invano

Dec 8, 2007
Italy
thanks! hmm. actually uninstalling the SPlannerKeyguardWidget.apk works too. on KitKat at least.

Of course by removing particular apks you obtain the same behavior...but what about stability, splanner o something else?

I made this module because I prefer to hook a particular method rather than disabling applications that could come back useful in a near future.
Everyone is free to choose what he likes best :D

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com

If your module can allow us to remove the add widget screen... it would be awesome

JB 4.2 doesn't have an SPlannerKeyguardWidget.apk only KeyguardWidget.apk which, presumably, is the lockscreen widgets as a whole, so uninstalling is not an option.

Edit: The other one that @louforgiveno mentioned is also not present.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9

xdapao3

Oct 31, 2008

Download

Source Code

GRAZIE!!!! :victory:

Wobzy

Sep 23, 2012
Melbourne
I installed this on my SGSV and i thought it had worked.

But im now getting missed notifcations on my lock screen again.

Was i imagining things?

al_monifi

Jun 27, 2014
I desperatly need this ! Though it didnt work on my rooted s5 stock rom .. Strange all mods from xposed work without any problem ..

Any solution ?

Wobzy

Sep 23, 2012
Melbourne
OP hasn't posted in here for over a month.
Here's hoping its because he's busy working on a fix for the S5.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download

Source Code

Can you please make this compatible with the Galaxy S5?! @invano

Don't worry, they will be KK compatible. It's just matter of time I think.
    If you are interested pm me.
    If you're referring to making missed events compatible with S5 I'm in.

off topic anyone who how to take a screenshot on tw??
    Press & hold power and home is default isn't it?
    I've got advanced power menu mods that include screenshot, but the hardware button combo works for me too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app