[Q] Unlocked HTC Inspire - Want to re-lock and flash with stock ROM or update ROM

Search This thread

falcondown01

Mar 15, 2014
Hi Chrisb,

S was on. I did what you had suggested and the phone is working now. Used the minimal ADB and Fastboot program.

Regards,
Falcondown01

Reactions: chrisb906

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
That's cool. Congrats..but if in future u wanna flash via fastboot, make a shortcut on your desktop of the minimal adb and fastboot folder. That was y can right click folder and select open file location and place the stuff u need in there..lol. Much easier

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: falcondown01

falcondown01

Mar 15, 2014
That's cool. Congrats..but if in future u wanna flash via fastboot, make a shortcut on your desktop of the minimal adb and fastboot folder. That was y can right click folder and select open file location and place the stuff u need in there..lol. Much easier

Will do!

Yeah make sure I have the right drivers installed....DUH....my bad.

Again Thanks for all the help
Falcondown01

Reactions: chrisb906

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U fix it yet?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

If u need help just ask me. This is QN ideal ROM for your device. This one is smooth and has no bugs or FCS

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21735599

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Error 170 means your PC isn't recognizing your phone. U might need to install the proper drivers and or minimal fastboot and adb drivers.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

https://sites.google.com/site/communityhelpsareebro/how-to-fix-error-170-usb-connection-error

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1809970

Remember the "adb" and "fastboot" you had to use on your computer to unlock bootloader? Boot your phone into recovery, wipe cache, delvik, data, and system partitions. Pick the zip you want to install and transfer the "boot.img" from inside the zip to the folder on your computer containing adb/fastboot. (Clockworkmod recovery has a "mount usb" function that allows you to trasnfer files in recovery.) Once you finish installing the zip of the rom in recovery go back into the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader) cmd then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"(without quotes) then reboot and give it a few minutes, first boot is always the longest.

Sent from my Htc Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

The boot.img can always be found in either the root of the zip or in one of the folders like "boot" or 'kernel". If you need anything else feel free to ask, and happy pattys day mate :beer: :D

Sent from my Htc Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Finally found the thread. Section 4 is where you want to be right now but it all has useful information, trust me :good:
    It says most roms have a function of auto installing the boot.img, this is true in the case that the phone is "s-off (security off)" which in fact you are not. But dont worry, im also s-on and have installed atleast 15 roms from this forum just experimenting with things. Once you do it a few times it takes about 5 minutes. Its usually a good idea to create a backup in recovery, only thing you'll have to do is flash the boot.img from the rom in the backup. Say you made a backup of "moonraker" but just installed "aospx" rom. When you recover from the moonraker backup you'll need to reflash moonrakers boot.img.

Thread::http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182792
    Sounds to me something is screwy..look up bannagranola and or gizmoe..they can help as well...I will continue to pass on the knowledge I know too

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Always type" fastboot devices" and or "adb devices" before continuing on another step. I learned the hard way..sometimes the PC won't recognize the phone.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

If the command window hangs and just says waiting for device. ..it sounds like the PC isn't recognizing the phone.

Hi Chrisb,

S was on. I did what you had suggested and the phone is working now. Used the minimal ADB and Fastboot program.

Regards,
    Falcondown01