[Q] Rear Camera snapshop delay problem

Search This thread
Greetings,
My T-mobile Note 3 has a problem with the Rear Camera problem. I have to hold the camera on the subject about 2 seconds after the shutter sound, to wait for the line in the processing pop up window has scrolled across the screen. If i move the Note 3 before this is done the image is blurred or complelely lost off the picture. The image stabilizeation feature is on. The unit currently has Kit Kat (ver 4.4.2). Is there a setting I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DesperateScorpion

May 26, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Greetings,
My T-mobile Note 3 has a problem with the Rear Camera problem. I have to hold the camera on the subject about 2 seconds after the shutter sound, to wait for the line in the processing pop up window has scrolled across the screen. If i move the Note 3 before this is done the image is blurred or complelely lost off the picture. The image stabilizeation feature is on. The unit currently has Kit Kat (ver 4.4.2). Is there a setting I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been noticing this issue as well, mainly after the update to 4.4. Prior to the update, i could move the phone when the processing pops up and it still had the right picture. I reduced the resolution down to 6MP wide and it still has the same problem.

Only way I found to fix the issue was to turn off the smart stabilization feature. I don't see a use for this feature right now as I am able to hold the phone steady enough.

Reactions: themorn
I have been noticing this issue as well, mainly after the update to 4.4. Prior to the update, i could move the phone when the processing pops up and it still had the right picture. I reduced the resolution down to 6MP wide and it still has the same problem.

Only way I found to fix the issue was to turn off the smart stabilization feature. I don't see a use for this feature right now as I am able to hold the phone steady enough.
Thanks for the advice.
I shut off image stabilization, same as you and the problem is no longer there. Thank you for your suggesting. I hope this issue will be addressed in a future update from Samsung.

Samsung online tech support

Update:

I chatted with a Samsung tech support online in regards to this issue. The problem seems to have been addressed by going into the camera app and clearing the cache and Data (Settings -> General [top tab] -> Application manager -> Camera). I don't know if this is a permanent solution (I doubt it), but it addresses the immediate problem. Fortunately, it seems that the pictures taken using the camera are still intact. :good: Once again, I hope Samsung will supply an update to address this issue.

:good:

Last edited:

DesperateScorpion

May 26, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Update:

I chatted with a Samsung tech support online in regards to this issue. The problem seems to have been addressed by going into the camera app and clearing the cache and Data (Settings -> General [top tab] -> Application manager -> Camera). I don't know if this is a permanent solution (I doubt it), but it addresses the immediate problem. Fortunately, it seems that the pictures taken using the camera are still intact. :good: Once again, I hope Samsung will supply an update to address this issue.

:good:

No Dice....I cleared the data and cache and tried taking a picture with the stabilization on. After I clicked the camera icon and once the processing info popped up, I moved the phone. The recorded picture was not the one that i was focusing on when i clicked.

g1-and-only

Oct 1, 2009
Los Angeles
And I thought it was just me and my phone. I've not been to happy with the camera on the 3 because of this and I'm rooted so I didn't feel like unrooting to take it back and try another phone. I still use Samsung camera for video recording. (Smooth video by the way is like no other that I've seen, even on real camera's.) I downloaded Google camera from phonearena and it works fine for pictures, Samsungs is fine to as long as you don't move but I'll keep Googles. http://click.xda-developers.com/api....4) - xda-developers&txt=http://goo.gl/VEBuiq

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,