[STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][UPDATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

[NUT]

attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

OLD DOWNLOAD ROM PATCH:
C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.patch.zip (9.15MB)

Download, unpack, run the install.bat and follow instructions.

For anyone who runs in to issues using the patch installer, take the zip file from the files directory and try to flash that manually.

How to update to 14.3.A.0.681:
  1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
  5. Flash 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
    NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Want to deodex?
Use the packages from this thread by @RHBH :good:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
  • Install XZDualRecovery;
  • Update to 14.2.A.1.136;
  • Then try to update again using TWRP.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][UPDATED], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
[NUT]
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290 or 14.2.A.1.136
Based On: STOCK

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2014-03-26
Beta Release Date: 2014-03-20

Created 2014-03-20
Last Updated 2014-03-27

Attachments

• Android-KitKat-4.4.jpg
    Android-KitKat-4.4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 422,554
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-53-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-53-46.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 7,244
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-54-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-54-14.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 6,073
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-54-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-54-23.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 6,091
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-55-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-55-31.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 6,544
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-56-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-56-11.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 6,307
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-56-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-56-25.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 6,283
  • Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-57-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-20-00-57-19.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 6,886
Last edited:

[NUT]

FAQ & Tips and Tricks

Camera problems?
You have 3 things to try to fix it, try them one at a time:
  1. Clear dalvik-cache only;
  2. Clear the camera app settings;
    • Do a factory reset in TWRP or PhilZ (this should keep your internal storage safe);
    • flash the ROM package again;
    • boot until you can test the camera;
    • If it works go back to recovery to restore a backup of data.

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
  • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
  • Unlock your bootloader
  • Restore backup without TA
  • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
  • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

Downgrading to a 4.2 ROM:
Download C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT].ftf (Bittorrent: 770MB) and flash it using FlashTool. I've also added the FTF to the downloads page on this DevDB tab, this will allow straight downloads as well.

This FTF will allow you to downgrade to .534 without loss of your IMEI :good:

Thanks to @mharckk and @MohammadAG for the workaround which contributed to the creation of this FTF.

Last edited:

jancarlos1597

Oct 17, 2011
Nothing for the c6906 yet? However, thanks nut you everytime making us happy ? ? ?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Sir, you're a god. I shouldn't have rushed with upgrading to 4.4... Tremendous job, quick as lightning. I will reroot tommorow. Thanks man!

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

OLD DOWNLOAD ROM PATCH:
    C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.patch.zip (9.15MB)

For anyone who runs in to issues using the patch installer, take the zip file from the files directory and try to flash that manually.

How to update to 14.3.A.0.681:
    1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Want to deodex?
    Use the packages from this thread by @RHBH :good:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Update to 14.2.A.1.136;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][UPDATED], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290 or 14.2.A.1.136
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-03-26
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-20

Created 2014-03-20
    Last Updated 2014-03-27
    FAQ & Tips and Tricks

Camera problems?
    You have 3 things to try to fix it, try them one at a time:
    1. Clear dalvik-cache only;
    2. Clear the camera app settings;
      • Do a factory reset in TWRP or PhilZ (this should keep your internal storage safe);
      • flash the ROM package again;
      • boot until you can test the camera;
      • If it works go back to recovery to restore a backup of data.

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
    NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
    NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
    • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Restore backup without TA
    • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
    • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
    Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

Downgrading to a 4.2 ROM:
    Download C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT].ftf (Bittorrent: 770MB) and flash it using FlashTool. I've also added the FTF to the downloads page on this DevDB tab, this will allow straight downloads as well.

This FTF will allow you to downgrade to .534 without loss of your IMEI :good:

Thanks to @mharckk and @MohammadAG for the workaround which contributed to the creation of this FTF.
    rom status: STABLE
    ROM PATCH: C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.patch.zip (9.15MB)

Uploading the revised ROM packs now, including the C6906 and C6943 versions. If you already have this ROM package installed, just use the patch to fix it.
    Oh yes, I owe the C6943 and C6906 users an explanation on why I didn't release a package for you yet:

Because of the issues with the camera (which I believe to have found a solution for) and the recoveries not being able to mount the system partition writable, there is no easy way to fix the camera issue.

I've been trying to find a solution for the recovery issue, I've narrowed it down a lot but a real solution eludes me still :(

Usually I start development on the main device (the one with the biggest userbase, preferably able to speak a decent word of English) to debug issues. I was able to acquire the C6902 version and after some initial testing I deemed it safe to release. Well... I was wrong: I never tested the camera, which was a bug (note the was) my phone also experienced. I did try to enter recovery, but it never dawned on me to try mounting stuff: there was nothing to test flash on KK yet...

Lessons learned for the next update I'd say.

As soon as I manage to fix the recovery issues I will release the C6906 and C6943 version. I did not forget you. I already downloaded the FTF files but decided to wait with the release to make sure your recoveries would work from the get-go.