FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint Version : SPH-L600 Stock firmwares with root: Flashable Zips

4,701 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,217

Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2014, 03:18 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair

Knox is a pain in the butt!!!

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

It is an all I want is to root

Sent from my SPH-L600 using xda app-developers app

19th March 2014, 04:31 PM |#32  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 634

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz995756

It is an all I want is to root

Odin back to stock MK1. You can get it here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SPH-L600

Flash Philz recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588661 (Use the ODIN flashable) (meliusltexx)

Root via this method using Kingo http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527473

Use Root checker to verify you are rooted. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...krim.rootcheck

Once you are rooted then flash this ROM and you should be good to go. I used this method and I have zero issues.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeyLee Ad-Free
19th March 2014, 07:19 PM |#33  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesh.Nair

Knox is a pain in the butt!!!

You got that right..

Sent from my SGH-I527M using xda app-developers app
19th March 2014, 07:36 PM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee

Odin back to stock MK1. You can get it here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SPH-L600

Flash Philz recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588661 (Use the ODIN flashable) (meliusltexx)

Root via this method using Kingo http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527473

Use Root checker to verify you are rooted. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...krim.rootcheck

Once you are rooted then flash this ROM and you should be good to go. I used this method and I have zero issues.

Thanks! But now one last question I read somewhere that the update enabled the phone to use sprint faster LTE bands is that true? Because normal LTE is slow where I live and LTE spark is where its at

19th March 2014, 09:15 PM |#35  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 634

More
I'm not sure it the update actually enables Spark or if its already capable but I know it enables WiFi calling. Here are my speeds though. WiFi, LTE and Spark.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeyLee Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 03:13 AM |#36  
Flag Guangzhou, Guangdong China
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Thanks! But now one last question I read somewhere that the update enabled the phone to use sprint faster LTE bands is that true? Because normal LTE is slow where I live and LTE spark is where its at

I couldn't get the Kingo root to work. I think those who were successful did so before the current firmware. I'm going to redo this as I returned to "squeaky clean" today so that I could take my phone in to be checked for hardware issues(there were none,) but there ARE major issues with the network in my area, West Palm. The tech said, support is recommending users leave phone on CDMA--really!?!?!

Correct me if I am mistaken, but if you flash the Philz recovery in Odin, then select reboot system, it asks you if you want to root the device, and and you just say yes. Voila, you have root. Verify with any root checker app. I will do this again shortly and verify that is the way it worked.
Carl

Edit/Update:
OK, this is about as straightforward as it gets: Download Philz Touch( it is linked several places here.) Put phone in download mode( home+power+volume down.) Open Odin, connect phone to PC. Odin should recognize phone in the com section in upper left corner. Select the PDA tab on the right and browse to the recovery you downloaded earlier. In the lower left Odin will give info about the recovery file( if it says MD5 is invalid, your download is likely corrupt, re-download it.) If the file is valid, simply hit the start button and Odin will flash the recovery. Odin will auto-reboot the system. Turn phone off. Boot into recovery(home+power+volume up,) to verify that Philz is in fact installed. One the recovery loads, hit restart system, and the recovery will offer to root the device. Select yes. Restart system. Verify root with root checker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crcook60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crcook60 Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 07:20 AM |#37  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crcook60

I couldn't get the Kingo root to work. I think those who were successful did so before the current firmware. I'm going to redo this as I returned to "squeaky clean" today so that I could take my phone in to be checked for hardware issues(there were none,) but there ARE major issues with the network in my area, West Palm. The tech said, support is recommending users leave phone on CDMA--really!?!?!

Correct me if I am mistaken, but if you flash the Philz recovery in Odin, then select reboot system, it asks you if you want to root the device, and and you just say yes. Voila, you have root. Verify with any root checker app. I will do this again shortly and verify that is the way it worked.
Carl

Edit/Update:
OK, this is about as straightforward as it gets: Download Philz Touch( it is linked several places here.) Put phone in download mode( home+power+volume down.) Open Odin, connect phone to PC. Odin should recognize phone in the com section in upper left corner. Select the PDA tab on the right and browse to the recovery you downloaded earlier. In the lower left Odin will give info about the recovery file( if it says MD5 is invalid, your download is likely corrupt, re-download it.) If the file is valid, simply hit the start button and Odin will flash the recovery. Odin will auto-reboot the system. Turn phone off. Boot into recovery(home+power+volume up,) to verify that Philz is in fact installed. One the recovery loads, hit restart system, and the recovery will offer to root the device. Select yes. Restart system. Verify root with root checker.

Does this work with the latest firmware? Because I know a way to root is return to the previous firmware and root once rooted start downloading the update FIRST and then while its downloading use ota root keeper and enable it make sure to do that while the update is downloading otherwise it will say you have a modified system and can't let you check for updates

20th March 2014, 07:25 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13,217

Donate to Me
More
If you use ota, your bootloader will get updated to accommodate Knox. Once that happens, you cannot flash custom ROMs, neither can you go back to an older stock version.

The whole purpose of creating this ROM is not to use the ota method to update so that your bootloader does not upgrade.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silesh.Nair For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Silesh.Nair Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 11:18 AM |#39  

More
Quote:

Does this work with the latest firmware? Because I know a way to root is return to the previous firmware and root oonpnce rooted start downloading the update FIRST and then while its downloading use ota root keeper and enable it make sure to do that while the updatie is downloading otherwise it will say you have a modified system and can't let you check for updates

The beauty of this is the simplicity. What you suggest sounds WAY too complicated, IMHO. While it is important to be " up to date" the ultimate goal for me is take control of my phone. I'm one of those who likes the Samsung aesthetic, but prize more the performance enhancements afforded by many of the custom builds( CM 11 unofficial on this little Galaxy Tab 3 8" I'm typing on really sings, for instance.) Silesh.Nair is suggesting that we can future proof our devices prior to the restrictions Knox implements, as we wait for/contribute to, further development for our phone.
Carl
The Following User Says Thank You to crcook60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crcook60 Ad-Free
20th March 2014, 03:20 PM |#40  

More
I got mine rooted using the recovery root method just one last question what are the differences in the SPH-L600 ROMs and GT-I9205? are they the same ROM just none of the sprint APNs? I'm confused on the two

20th March 2014, 05:36 PM |#41  

More
Quote:

I got mine rooted using the recovery root method just one last question what are the differences in the SPH-L600 ROMs and GT-I9205? are they the same ROM just none of the sprint APNs? I'm confused on the two

Now you are cooking with gas!! Good job. I believe that ROM labeled for the the L600, deodexed and zip aligned, is the only one specifically for this device. I'm sure Silesh.Nair will clarify for you as it is his work.
Carl
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)