Screen randomly shutsoff

Search This thread

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I have the Verizon variant on stock the screen will randomly shutoff sometimes they say if you put your hand over the sensor it will do that but it does it even when I'm not touching the phone on cm11 Roms its the opposite i will turn screen on and when I set it down on the table it will turn back on I am so fed up with it doing and if it keeps doing this I will buy a nexus 5 or maybe the new oppo when it comes out

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
If it's a hardware problem I guess I will have to flash it back don't wanna have to do that it seems to slightly improve when I flash furnace kernel

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
No screen protector it seems to do it sometimes but when it does do it it is very bad and almost impossible to use

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
I'm on the VZW variant too and don't have that issue. So I'm almost thinking its hardware. Probably the proximity sensor is messed up. I do think I remember some developer having that same problem and it was a hardware issue. Are you running a custom ROM too?

Last edited:

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I did that it helps it doesn't do it as much but still does occasionally hate to get a new one that I can't root or install custom recovery

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I would hate for it to not have custom recovery do you know if shellnutt figured out what was going on with freegee it only does it sometimes I don't have much options for a new phone
Samsung yuck maybe an oppo they seem nice if it keeps doing this I have a friend that would love this phone hopefully it will stop it has only done it once today