[Q] Set BackgroundColor but keep onTouch

Search This thread

Auroratic

Jun 15, 2013
Austria
Hello,
I want to set the BackgroundColor of ListView items, but I want to keep the color which appears when I click the items.

How can I do that?

Auroratic

Jun 15, 2013
Austria
Rather than replace a "stateListDrawable" with a color or static drawable, replace it with another state list that has the "states" you require

I've got it, but I have one problem: The colour on state_pressed should be the default system colour (this one: android.R.drawable.list_selector_background)
How can I do that?

Last edited:

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
I've got it, but I have one problem: The colour on state_pressed should be the default system colour (this one: android.R.drawable.list_selector_background)
How can I do that?

I'm not sure what your asking, if you have read about stateListDrawabes and have understood it, also maybe even looked at examples, then you should know ? Open that resource, or even clone it and edit it how you want.

Auroratic

Jun 15, 2013
Austria
I'm not sure what your asking, if you have read about stateListDrawabes and have understood it, also maybe even looked at examples, then you should know ? Open that resource, or even clone it and edit it how you want.

I have the following:
Code:
StateListDrawable stateList = new StateListDrawable();
stateList.addState(new int[] {
   android.R.attr.state_pressed
}, new ColorDrawable(android.R.drawable.btn_default));

stateList.addState(new int[0], new ColorDrawable(Color.YELLOW));
textView.setBackgroundDrawable(stateList);

The background is yellow, but when I press on the textView, the background turns into transparent (it should be like this when i press:
images-i79982buhiin.png
)

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
I have the following:
Code:
}, new ColorDrawable(android.R.drawable.btn_default));

stateList.addState(new int[0], new ColorDrawable(Color.YELLOW));
textView.setBackgroundDrawable(stateList);

The background is yellow, but when I press on the textView, the background turns into transparent (it should be like this when i press:
images-i79982buhiin.png
)

well fyi you should look at the view type "states" as not sure you want android.R.attr.state_pressed ... neways you probably want state_focused and state_enabled for an editText view, but really google should provide you with simple absolute answers

hope that clears it up neways :)

Auroratic

Jun 15, 2013
Austria
well fyi you should look at the view type "states" as not sure you want android.R.attr.state_pressed ... neways you probably want state_focused and state_enabled for an editText view, but really google should provide you with simple absolute answers

hope that clears it up neways :)

I have that now:
Code:
        }, context.getResources().getDrawable(android.R.drawable.list_selector_background));

but when I press on the TextView, the background goes orange :eek:

Last edited:

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
I have that now:
Code:
        }, context.getResources().getDrawable(android.R.drawable.list_selector_background));

but when I press on the TextView, the background goes orange :eek:

now your setting a state with a state "list" so not sure that will ever work.. needs to be a simple drawable