Clarification on rooting and knox

Search This thread

jmc2543

Jun 25, 2010
TN
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OK so I have looked everywhere to find out which method is ok to run on the vz version of the note 3 running MJE. I think I find my answer and then people start talking about a different model of the note 3. So I figured the best way to find out is just ask.

How do I root without tripping the knox security? I'd like the option to flash my own roms, but have been able to figure out on my own that flashing a custom recovery will trip xnox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: kubes069

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
OK so I have looked everywhere to find out which method is ok to run on the vz version of the note 3 running MJE. I think I find my answer and then people start talking about a different model of the note 3. So I figured the best way to find out is just ask.

How do I root without tripping the knox security? I'd like the option to flash my own roms, but have been able to figure out on my own that flashing a custom recovery will trip xnox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now Kingo can be used to root mje build without tripping Knox. I have heard some guys having success with older versions of Kingo.
The only recovery available is safestrap. Since our bootloader is locked down. Safestrap and flashing roms for safestrap will not trip knox either.
Also heard guys using Vroot to root mje.

Tapped via my Blacked out Eclipsed Note 3

kubes069

Sep 4, 2011
New Jersey
Actually thanks for this thread, I was wondering the same thing. If I could add to it, is it possible to unroot and go back to complete stock if need be?

jmc2543

Jun 25, 2010
TN
Google Pixel 4a 5G
There are instructions on how to unroot back to stock but like everything else can't conform it is for this model. Thank you vz and Samsung for making crap difficult!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Right now Kingo can be used to root mje build without tripping Knox. I have heard some guys having success with older versions of Kingo.
    The only recovery available is safestrap. Since our bootloader is locked down. Safestrap and flashing roms for safestrap will not trip knox either.
    Also heard guys using Vroot to root mje.

Tapped via my Blacked out Eclipsed Note 3

Actually thanks for this thread, I was wondering the same thing. If I could add to it, is it possible to unroot and go back to complete stock if need be?

Yeppers! Flashing the stock image with odin will wipe all traces of root and safestrap, and return your phone to normal.

<Note3>