Hide Softkeys with Kitkat

Search This thread

misteurz

Hi,
i'm still on 4.2.2 because of one only thing : i don't wanna see the softkeys anymore! (or just when i swipe up)
I read everywhere that "Auto Hide Softkeys" (that i use now) is buggy on kitkat, and that UDN Pro too.

Is there a solution to do the same thing?
Or have i to wait for an update of one of theses apps?

Thanks for your replies

Last edited:

j0l6

Apr 12, 2010
U can install rooted kitkat rom and xposed with gravity box to activate the expanded desktop mode and pie control , thats what I do and it works pretty well

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
U can install rooted kitkat rom and xposed with gravity box to activate the expanded desktop mode and pie control , thats what I do and it works pretty well

You know I was thinking about installing gravity box. I used it on my Nexus 4. But it seems to indicate that you can't use it on heavily modified roms. So, does GB work well with our G2?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

j0l6

Apr 12, 2010
Am using the kikat version forbthe kikat rom and expanded desktop with pie control are working fine , u need to restart the phone after instalation

BLiNKT

Jun 15, 2012
Velenje
I have this problem too but i resolve it you must install Kitkat + root than install xposed and download immersive me which you find in xposed download section than activate it and enjoy in fullscreen softkeys and statusbar is auto hide and when you need it just slide with your finger

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
i gonna try immersive me.
thanks for replies!!

I think that stopped development. It was supposed to go on to another version where it could be app specific. I don't like immersive mode on my home screen. I am using a module called soft keys fade mod... I like it pretty well...

misteurz

so, i'm now on kitkat, rooted.
I've tried immersive me, and it's quiet strange.
There's a blank area at the bottom of the screen on the launcher.
Sometime the softkeys are blacks (not transparent anymore), doesn't disappear.
i don't know, i'm not very satisfied with that.

Soft keys fade mod doesn't do the thing i want...

So, what to do?
wait for an update of autohide hotkeys?

BLiNKT

Jun 15, 2012
Velenje
I think that stopped development. It was supposed to go on to another version where it could be app specific. I don't like immersive mode on my home screen. I am using a module called soft keys fade mod... I like it pretty well...

where you get this module called soft keys fade mod?

Poslano z mojega LG-D802 z uporabo Tapatalk